USB audio using the car dock question

rfs830

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have been trying to find pics of this and looking over reivews but I cant find the answer to my question.

When using the car dock, is your audio out the usb connection un amplified? I here people say that there is a 3.5mm connection on the usb charging cable which would be perfect to connect to my car system. If anyone can upload pics that would be great also.

Thanks in advance.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I can't give any pics at the moment, but yes, there's a 3.5mm connection at the USB end of the cable. I have mine plugged into the AUX input on my Infiniti. I do believe it's unamplified, because changing the volume on the phone doesn't change volume on the car stereo--it's simply on or off (made so by turning volume on the phone all the way down).

Incidentally, quality is absolutely oustanding, and volume is very high. I have to turn my stereo down quite a bit if I want reasonably moderate levels. If I want it to get loud, I can push it about as far as my Infiniti's system will go.

Another point: there's none of the interference I experienced with the Samsung Epic card dock when it was plugged in and not actively playing something. It was horrible on the Epic, I had to constantly turn the volume down or off until music started streaming. With the Photon dock, it's almost perfectly quiet.

Overall, I find the Photon dock to be excellent.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
The car dock can't be beat. Nobody else has one that goes to the speakers while charging with no noticeable interference.

It's one big reason why I may return to the Photon when the problems are fixed.

rfs830

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Thats what I wanted to find out. I have my ipod connected using the aux line out now and love the sound quality. My ipod is now full and I wanted to be able to use my new phone the same way. The evo4g did not have this option but with the photon it looks like I will be very happy. Ordering card dock today.

Thanks for the information.

rfs830

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
hey cubfan, the xda they have the final build of the os on the site. Everyone is reporting that is fixes just about all the problems people are having. check it out.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
hey cubfan, the xda they have the final build of the os on the site. Everyone is reporting that is fixes just about all the problems people are having. check it out.

Ugh. I just returned the thing two days ago, and now they fix it? :)

I'm going to wait it out at this point. Maybe until the next flurry of phones, too. No more buying on launch day for me.

rfs830

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
ok i have the phone and the dock. I notice that you have to use the moto music app to get the best sound quality. It not up to par with doing and mp3 cd or playing my ipod using the audio out to aux but it works well. When I use other music programs I get low audio. have any of you all noticed this. I dont like the lay out of the moto music software. To many menus to go though to start playing a song.

Also anyone know if the HD dock remote will work on the moto. Would love to use a remote to change songs while driving.