Voice Call Audio Resolution

itzfrank

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Has any one fixed the issue where you have no audio on voice calls? It seems to come from nowhere randomly. Any one got a fix?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
How often does this happen for you? Also, please report back if removing the SIM card works. Also, I have heard some say that if you also remove Google Voice, it will also help. Please let us know how this works.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Remove the sim card from the phone. It seems to help most people (including me) from having this issue. ALSO...GV, if uninstalled, you still have to goto your GV settings on google's site and disable your phone from GV. Otherwise the phone still tries to route your calls/voicemail through it causing alot of headaches.

I need more coffee......

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Was hoping that would be a universal fix!! It's been five days now without that problem since I removed mine. But I only hadit happen a handfull of times and I never had to reboot. I just had to hang up and call back.

I'm wondering if it really has more to do with GV? I did both pretty much at the same time and GV loves to take over your phone. Since the sim stores phone info and GV changes how the phone routes and receives calls, if it's more of a combination of the two?

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Sprint rep said an update should come out soon and fix this.

Also, it's on a case by case basis, so hanging up and redialing might work.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't get a lot of phone calls. It's happened on 4 of the 6 calls I've received. I need to reboot and call back.

Have folks had success trading in the phone for a new unit?

I need to decide whether to do that or to ignore it or to try a frankenpre.

scoobdude

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
A few things I have read about what causes the problem/ possible solutions
1) GV
2) previous phone still has cellular radio on
3) removal of sim card

That being said I have not had this problem yet <shrug>

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The best way to fix this issue currently is to switch to a different phone. My EVO 4G hasn't locked up or had a silent call since I switched back :)

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't get a lot of phone calls. It's happened on 4 of the 6 calls I've received. I need to reboot and call back.

Have folks had success trading in the phone for a new unit?

I need to decide whether to do that or to ignore it or to try a frankenpre.

4 out of 6 calls... WOW!

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
A few things I have read about what causes the problem/ possible solutions
1) GV
2) previous phone still has cellular radio on
3) removal of sim card

That being said I have not had this problem yet <shrug>

How long have you had your Photon? Do you make and receive many calls?

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
4 out of 6 calls... WOW!

I think it's something that happens to the phone eventually, if it's up long enough without a reboot. Because I get very few phone calls on it, it has usually been up for a long time when I get one. Then I reboot it due to the "no sound" issue.

One of the calls was a wrong number, by the way. No harm in failing to have answered it. ;)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance