1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

Default So glad I switched...

I just made the switch from an EVO 3D to the Photon and it's light years better. (Pun intended) Overall, it's snappier in response, the battery life is much better and I have no issues with the Pentile screen - I love it. And the reported boost in phone reception has definitely been my experience as well. My home is where cell phone signals go to die - EVO, Pre and Blackberries dropped calls constantly here. MoPho had no problems at all with calls.

2 things to pass on about the silent call issue - FWIW. The Sprint Store rep tells me he is also using the Photon and he is having the silent call issue as well. He claims it's a known software issue - nothing can be done to fix it in terms of SD cards, Sprint Only etc. He also claims all Photons have it. He then said that there is supposed to be a fix/update next week. Take this with the requisite NaCl, since this was the same guy who told me I could sync my phone with my Desktop Outlook client by opening accounts and using corporate sync!

And finally, there is one thing I really miss about the 3VO. The screen unlock from Sense was awesome. So much better than the slider. What is everyone else using for screen lock?

Default Re: So glad I switched...

you can have the same lock screen that's on the evo-3d on your photon! Go to the market and download the app,agile lock .Its free and they have a paid version as well. I love it on my Photon
    Thanked by:
    tlaz 

I think you can save your contacts via the web interface thingy.

Widget locker might also be an option for you.

Sent from my Photon
    Thanked by:
    tlaz 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mechanismclear View Post
    you can have the same lock screen that's on the evo-3d on your photon! Go to the market and download the app,agile lock .Its free and they have a paid version as well. I love it on my Photon
    Just grabbed the free version - it definitely rocks. Did you get the full version? I assume it's more customizable.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    I think you can save your contacts via the web interface thingy.
    Yep, I found that web interface thing. Not sure if it does a 2-way sync, but I also found MyPhoneExplorer, which seems to do the job as well, both calendar and contacts sync. Still averse to putting everything into Google's hands, even though it probably already is...

Quote Originally Posted by tlaz View Post
    I just made the switch from an EVO 3D to the Photon and it's light years better. (Pun intended) Overall, it's snappier in response, the battery life is much better and I have no issues with the Pentile screen - I love it. And the reported boost in phone reception has definitely been my experience as well. My home is where cell phone signals go to die - EVO, Pre and Blackberries dropped calls constantly here. MoPho had no problems at all with calls.

2 things to pass on about the silent call issue - FWIW. The Sprint Store rep tells me he is also using the Photon and he is having the silent call issue as well. He claims it's a known software issue - nothing can be done to fix it in terms of SD cards, Sprint Only etc. He also claims all Photons have it. He then said that there is supposed to be a fix/update next week. Take this with the requisite NaCl, since this was the same guy who told me I could sync my phone with my Desktop Outlook client by opening accounts and using corporate sync!

And finally, there is one thing I really miss about the 3VO. The screen unlock from Sense was awesome. So much better than the slider. What is everyone else using for screen lock?
    Look up a product call Android-Sync. Much more robust and reliable. You can sync with 64-bit Outlook as well. You don't need to sync with the cloud. It will work with any Android device and sync multiple devices as well.
    Thanked by:
    tlaz 
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

I'll take a look - thanks for the tip!