Battery Use - "Awake Time"

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
When looking at the full graph within the Battery Use menu, there is the large graph of battery level, as well as Phone Signal (Yellow and Green), Along with WiFi, Awake, Screen On, and Charging

Pretty easy to see that Wi-Fi is when the Wi-Fi module is on and powered up. The Screen On is obviously all of the times I play wit hit during the day. Charging is self explanatory as well. My question is what is the best way to see what is causing the phone to be "Awake". I notice that once I plug the phone into my computer at work, that it stays on that entire time. I was more curious about how to tell what applications is waking the phone when the screen isnt on. At this point it isnt significant, but it might help me pick out what is killing battery. Lastly, I imagine there is no way to kill the "awake" part when plugged in? If so I'd be curious cause I'm sure its reducing my phones ability to charge.

Thanks as always!!

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Get watch dog lite from the market. Its free. Its a task manager that shows what apps are using CPU .. more cpu more battery drain.. it will tell you what you need yo know.

Next, remember android is linux. Its not mac or windows based basic II... apps will open in the background if you like it or not. Android knows to make them "sleep". Watchdog lite will prove this.... see all those 0.0% cpu apps... no cpu... no battery drain.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk