Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Bluetooth problems...

    I have the proximity sensor problem but have narrowed it down to it being caused by bluetooth.

    I paired my blueant q2 as soon as I got the moPho but didn't use it till the next day when I went to work. It worked but has a hard time working like it's supposed to. I turn on BT on phone, turn on BT headset and it connects immediatly and all is well till I go to use it the first time. It does nothing. I do it again and it will work as normal. I can make 2 or 3 calls till it decides the audio will no longer play through the BT headset. Only way to correct it is either reboot or turn it all of then back on. It's a real pain. This has happened since day 1.

    I also have done a hard reset through the bootloader and this problem still exists.

    Since day 1 with BT issues, I have had the proximity sensor issues as well. But I have done an experiment and came to a conclusion. 1: If I use my BT headset, I have proximity issues....every time. 2: If I don't use BT headset, proximity sensors work perfectly....every time. For the last 6 days, I alternated each day using and not using. 3 days with BT issues ensued, 3 days without BT and worked like a charm. Has anyone else had this problem? If so/not, do you think this is a software issue that will be adressed in an update? Or should I just exchange for another photon?
  2. #2  
    jswinde's Avatar
    Grand Tech

    Posts
    490 Posts

    Default Re: Bluetooth problems...

    I agree with your conclusion. It seems like Moto or Google decided if you are using BT, the proximity sensor does not need to function because you won't be holding the phone to your face during a call.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Bluetooth problems...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    I have the proximity sensor problem but have narrowed it down to it being caused by bluetooth.

    I paired my blueant q2 as soon as I got the moPho but didn't use it till the next day when I went to work. It worked but has a hard time working like it's supposed to. I turn on BT on phone, turn on BT headset and it connects immediatly and all is well till I go to use it the first time. It does nothing. I do it again and it will work as normal. I can make 2 or 3 calls till it decides the audio will no longer play through the BT headset. Only way to correct it is either reboot or turn it all of then back on. It's a real pain. This has happened since day 1.

    I also have done a hard reset through the bootloader and this problem still exists.

    Since day 1 with BT issues, I have had the proximity sensor issues as well. But I have done an experiment and came to a conclusion. 1: If I use my BT headset, I have proximity issues....every time. 2: If I don't use BT headset, proximity sensors work perfectly....every time. For the last 6 days, I alternated each day using and not using. 3 days with BT issues ensued, 3 days without BT and worked like a charm. Has anyone else had this problem? If so/not, do you think this is a software issue that will be adressed in an update? Or should I just exchange for another photon?
    For the first part, try another bt headset. The MoPho may not be compatible with all bt devices. Or wait for the update, which may, or may not fix the problem with your Blueant.

    For the second part, why do you expect, or want the proximity sensor working, when actively using a bt headset? There is no need to have the proximity sensor working unless you are using the phone to your ear. If you are using the bt headset, you are not going through the phones microphone or device speakers. So logically, the proximity sensor will be disabled, and the screen timeout will be operational. When using the bt headset, disconnect the call with the bt headset control button, when the screen goes dark during the call.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Bluetooth problems...

    Its disabled on purpose if BT is on. Imagine trying to check the curtain for your notifications when all of a sudden the screen goes blank cause you are on a call... or imagine you are in your email, trying to get back to the call screen through the curtain when the screen keeps dimming. This was an issue on the EVO and it was fixed. So as far as I can tell... its on purpose and working as designed.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Bluetooth problems...

    No No No!!! LOL.......

    Let me clarify:

    From cold boot in the morning:

    If I use my BT during the day then turn BT off when I get home (phone and headset) my proximity sensors do not work for incoming/outgoing calls while phone to ear till I reboot.

    If I don't use BT at all (never turn it on) the proximity sensors work like they should all day...even after 10+ phone calls.

    I see where one could assume with what I wrote that BT is actively being used during a call and P/S not working. What I was meaning by "use" is that it's turned on and functional, but not actively being used during a call.

    It's almost like BT doesn't reactivate normal phone functions and gets stuck when BT gets turned off. Whats funny is that I did try my old motorola H12 and it does the same thing.
    Last edited by Gator352; 08-18-2011 at 04:22 AM.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Bluetooth problems...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    [B]

    I see where one could assume with what I wrote that BT is actively being used during a call and P/S not working. What I was meaning by "use" is that it's turned on and functional, but not actively being used during a call.
    There was no assumption made on my part, and I doubt on scoobdudes part. My reply is/was based on what you said here.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post

    Since day 1 with BT issues, I have had the proximity sensor issues as well. But I have done an experiment and came to a conclusion. 1: If I use my BT headset, I have proximity issues....every time. 2: If I don't use BT headset, proximity sensors work perfectly....every time. For the last 6 days, I alternated each day using and not using. 3 days with BT issues ensued, 3 days without BT and worked like a charm. Has anyone else had this problem? If so/not, do you think this is a software issue that will be adressed in an update? Or should I just exchange for another photon?
    Last edited by treotraveler; 08-18-2011 at 07:22 AM.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Bluetooth problems...

    Well, if its turned on and connected, is it considered using or not using? The only thing and most important I forgot to include was that it happens when I turn it off.

    I wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything, I was actually saying I can see with what I wrote how someone could misunderstand me. It was my fault. ...whatever.
    Last edited by Gator352; 08-18-2011 at 09:15 AM.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Bluetooth problems...

    I noticed the same problem. I only use bluetooth in through my cars BT system. I usually shutoff BT during the day on the phone. Yesterday the proximity sensors were working fine (forgot to turn BT on in the morning on the way to work) On the way home I turned BT on and used it to make 2 calls. When I got home and went to make a call, the proximity sensor would not work.

    This was the second time I actually noticed this problem and correlated it with the BT use.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Bluetooth problems...

    Yeah. Its got to be. I have now tried 3 different BT's and they all do the same thing. I depend on BT as I drive for a living.
  10. #10  
    tlaz's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

    Default Re: Bluetooth problems...

    My Photon is really fighting my Parrot Mki9100. I really rely on this unit, and it works perfect with everything - except the photon. The phone pairs, but the voice recognition on the Parrot is being overridden by Voice Commands. And VC doesn't recognize jack $hit. My Parrot on the other hand, has been flawless. I've now tried Vlingo, but Vlingo and my Parrot are having a battle for supremacy. My try tuning off Parrot voice commands and see if that works. Sigh.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Bluetooth problems...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    No No No!!! LOL.......

    Let me clarify:

    From cold boot in the morning:

    If I use my BT during the day then turn BT off when I get home (phone and headset) my proximity sensors do not work for incoming/outgoing calls while phone to ear till I reboot.

    If I don't use BT at all (never turn it on) the proximity sensors work like they should all day...even after 10+ phone calls.

    I see where one could assume with what I wrote that BT is actively being used during a call and P/S not working. What I was meaning by "use" is that it's turned on and functional, but not actively being used during a call.

    It's almost like BT doesn't reactivate normal phone functions and gets stuck when BT gets turned off. Whats funny is that I did try my old motorola H12 and it does the same thing.

    Lol. no harm done dude. But i think i got your point now. So, i have not tested this, but did notice the other day my p/s stopped working and that day i used BT in the car. However, I was gazing through the settings and decided to turn off the pocket detection setting and turn it back on. It then turned off on in my pocket like it was supposed to. After the 3rd time it stopped working and the p/s persisted.

    I then turned off the setting again and rebooted. Since then it has been 2 days and each day connecting to the radio in the car twice a day and have not had the p/s issue. But i did get the SoD issue while streaming today though.

    So my question is, have you tried turning off the pocket setting to see if that affect your results?
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Bluetooth problems...

    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    Lol. no harm done dude. But i think i got your point now. So, i have not tested this, but did notice the other day my p/s stopped working and that day i used BT in the car. However, I was gazing through the settings and decided to turn off the pocket detection setting and turn it back on. It then turned off on in my pocket like it was supposed to. After the 3rd time it stopped working and the p/s persisted.

    I then turned off the setting again and rebooted. Since then it has been 2 days and each day connecting to the radio in the car twice a day and have not had the p/s issue. But i did get the SoD issue while streaming today though.

    So my question is, have you tried turning off the pocket setting to see if that affect your results?
    Yeah, I turned it off when I noticed my screen wasn't turning off like it was supposed to and never turned it back on. I just rechecked it and it's off. It's annoying to have to reboot every time I use by BT. I can't wait till the MR is OTA to see if it fixes the problem because I drive a dump truck for a living and driving a 70,000 moving sledge hammer with phone to ear is not a good combination!!!! lol

Posting Permissions

B