1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Motorola Photon without sprint

Hello. I'm new with android based smartphones. Last weak i was bought Photon but i'm not at on sprint and i want to use it on t-mobile. Will be it unlockable soon or will not and i need buy something different. Thanks

Default Re: Motorola Photon without sprint

Only on Sprint

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Doesn't support T-Mobile USA gsm bands.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

From what I have read, the GSM bands on the photon are software locked. Its not that it doesn't have the right hardware, its just not accessible until someone figures out how to get to it

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by utamb79 View Post
    Doesn't support T-Mobile USA gsm bands.
    I'm disagree with you Photon's hardware support GSM 850/900/1800/1900
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    From what I have read, the GSM bands on the photon are software locked. Its not that it doesn't have the right hardware, its just not accessible until someone figures out how to get to it

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Tapatalk
    I see that only you know hardware and software part of photon. Will be it work with something like turbosim?
    = I C E D R E E =

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 - Stock 4.0.4

Probably won't work , Motorola always locks their CDMA world phones (I.e Photon , DROID 2 Global , DROID 3 & DROID Pro) so it won't work with AT&T & T-Mobile or any GSM carrier in the USA
    People Tried all kinds of hacks on the DROID PRO to make work with AT&T or T-Mobile , you can check the DROID PRO forums (in any website you want , i.e. XDA) to see if there is any progress

The Bootloader of the Photon have been unlocked recently , so If its a software thing , they might be successful in figuring it out
    You should wait & see how it goes first or get an ATRIX (its the closest thing to the Photon)

Quote Originally Posted by smile_tash View Post
    I'm disagree with you Photon's hardware support GSM 850/900/1800/1900
    As it stands right now. By law the GSM part of the phone is not allowed to be used in the lower 48.
    For the GSM part you have to use a carrier which supports the Sprint International GSM network .

Yes most people want a phone that will work in the lower 48 on any network. We just aint there yet.

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts

I read somewhere that the software coding was on the actual GSM chip, not in the OS/Apps.