What case did you get or recommend?
11-22-2011 09:56 PM
- I'm naked right now as well but am considering the Sprint case/holster combo (for the case only, don't care for the holster) since it supposedly works with the car dock. I've heard good things about the Otterbox cases for the Photon, but mixed news on whether or not the Commuter works with the dock.08-23-2011 10:09 AM
- If sprint had the Otterbox Commuter in the store I would have picked that one up - but they didn't so I picked up the Silver/Black Leather case - I picked it over the holster/case as it just felt much more solid.
Its dropped a few times and so far so good..
Now they just need a screen protector ment for the photon - I don't trust the gorilla glass08-23-2011 10:44 AM
- 08-23-2011 12:40 PM
- I like the tpu cases. As they are a mix of hard and soft cases. Here is a link to them on amazon
edit: It looks like the exact same as what I got on ebay. So most likely they would not be any better, as there's no raised plastic over the power button.08-23-2011 04:09 PM
- I got the one at sprint with the case and holster combo. I don't use the clip really but the case is nice cause it's very thin and ads basically no bulk to the phone. Isn't the thickest or strongest of cases but I'm pretty good with phones. The black and silver leather one was hideous IMHO08-23-2011 04:52 PM
- I'm naked right now as well but am considering the Sprint case/holster combo (for the case only, don't care for the holster) since it supposedly works with the car dock. I've heard good things about the Otterbox cases for the Photon, but mixed news on whether or not the Commuter works with the dock.
Might I ask why? Silent call bug? Something else?08-23-2011 08:10 PM
- I have both the otterbox commuter and defender case. I bought the defender first to try in my car dock, it doesnt work. So I bought the commuter and it doesn't work either. I eventually took out the hard shell on the commuter and that works, but gets irritating every time I get in my truck.... other than that both cases are awesome. If anybody know if they work with the HD dock please let me know.08-23-2011 08:28 PM
- I've got the Otterbox Commuter and it is excellent. Fit and finish is great, and the screen protector is the easiest one to install I've ever seen. Almost impossible to get air bubble in it unlike the usual thin film ones.
The feel in your hand is nice too; coming from an Epic the Photon felt a bit lacking in my hand, the grip the case affords is great especially if you have big hands. If I had to find fault anywhere, it would be that the exposed rubber areas sometimes collect pocket lint.08-23-2011 08:29 PM
- sjamieGrand TechI got the one at sprint with the case and holster combo. I don't use the clip really but the case is nice cause it's very thin and ads basically no bulk to the phone. Isn't the thickest or strongest of cases but I'm pretty good with phones. The black and silver leather one was yhideous IMHO08-24-2011 12:01 AM
- 08-24-2011 03:58 AM
- Motorola Photon 4G Dimple Color Click Case - Black
This is what i'm looking into.. anyone have this yet? I like the fact that it doesn't cover the top and bottom on the phone, so there isn't a edge surrounding the entire phone.
Right now i'm rocking a clear TPU case.. it's aight, but i'm really feeling case.
actually found a cheaper one on Ebay and snatched it up with the quickness.. Now I just got to wait till it gets in.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...ht_1477wt_111009-11-2011 02:46 AM
- There are a lot of cheap leather cases on eBay that intended for other, older phones that are roughly the same size as the Photon (like the Droid X). For example, I picked up the case below (that has a removable belt clip) for less than $7 shipped.
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices09-13-2011 08:17 AM
- I went with the Otterbox Commuter.
Not sure if I'll keep it yet, I just got the Photon yesterday and I'm using it nekkid temporarily to get used to the feel of it before I lock it up in the case.
I really like the idea of awesome protection for my beautiful new device though.09-15-2011 11:28 AM
- I went to Best Buy intending to get the Otterbox Commuter, but they only had one type, it's a rubbery hard case. I actually really like the feel of it. And Invisibleshield screen protector... I had one on my X and am totally sold. It fits the screen, and once you apply it, it stays put. No bubbles, no edges lifting, etc.09-15-2011 11:39 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Sprint Photon
What case did you get or recommend?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD