What case did you get or recommend?

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this questions hasn't been asked yet here. So, what do you recommend? Links? Thoughts on a hard case vs a hard silicone case?
I didn't own a case for my EPIC 4G, so this is some what uncharted territory for me. I'd love your feedback!

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm naked right now as well but am considering the Sprint case/holster combo (for the case only, don't care for the holster) since it supposedly works with the car dock. I've heard good things about the Otterbox cases for the Photon, but mixed news on whether or not the Commuter works with the dock.

Commuter Otter Box. Great case but im returning the phone...

Might I ask why? Silent call bug? Something else?

mab4285

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
After having an Otterbox Commuter Case on my work iPhone 3GS (I'm typically a naked phone person...until the rather unfortunate case of a cracked screen on my iPhone 4), I ordered an Otterbox Commuter Case for my newly ordered Photon 4G.

ezgoin

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I would like to know also if the Commuter Otter Box works with the docks...

Just bought my 1st Android so far I am really liking the phone.

slag02

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
If sprint had the Otterbox Commuter in the store I would have picked that one up - but they didn't so I picked up the Silver/Black Leather case - I picked it over the holster/case as it just felt much more solid.

Its dropped a few times and so far so good..

Now they just need a screen protector ment for the photon - I don't trust the gorilla glass

cruzer_lite

Banned
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this questions hasn't been asked yet here. So, what do you recommend? Links? Thoughts on a hard case vs a hard silicone case?
I didn't own a case for my EPIC 4G, so this is some what uncharted territory for me. I'd love your feedback!

I like the tpu cases. As they are a mix of hard and soft cases. Here is a link to them on amazon

thinknate

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I like the tpu cases. As they are a mix of hard and soft cases. Here is a link to them on amazon

I like them too. I got mine (bought from ebay) last night, and it fits well, although the power button is quite difficult to depress. I don't know if the slightly more "name brand" options on amazon would be better in that regard.

edit: It looks like the exact same as what I got on ebay. So most likely they would not be any better, as there's no raised plastic over the power button.

Last edited:

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I got the one at sprint with the case and holster combo. I don't use the clip really but the case is nice cause it's very thin and ads basically no bulk to the phone. Isn't the thickest or strongest of cases but I'm pretty good with phones. The black and silver leather one was hideous IMHO

JPD

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm naked right now as well but am considering the Sprint case/holster combo (for the case only, don't care for the holster) since it supposedly works with the car dock. I've heard good things about the Otterbox cases for the Photon, but mixed news on whether or not the Commuter works with the dock.

Might I ask why? Silent call bug? Something else?

Mainly the silent call issues... I have two photons on my account and both have the issues. there is no light at the end of the tunnel on getting a release. I got burned with the Moment and was stuck after my 30 days... It's not happening to me again...

Ejay62

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I have both the otterbox commuter and defender case. I bought the defender first to try in my car dock, it doesnt work. So I bought the commuter and it doesn't work either. I eventually took out the hard shell on the commuter and that works, but gets irritating every time I get in my truck.... other than that both cases are awesome. If anybody know if they work with the HD dock please let me know.

superbovine

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I've got the Otterbox Commuter and it is excellent. Fit and finish is great, and the screen protector is the easiest one to install I've ever seen. Almost impossible to get air bubble in it unlike the usual thin film ones.
The feel in your hand is nice too; coming from an Epic the Photon felt a bit lacking in my hand, the grip the case affords is great especially if you have big hands. If I had to find fault anywhere, it would be that the exposed rubber areas sometimes collect pocket lint.

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I got the one at sprint with the case and holster combo. I don't use the clip really but the case is nice cause it's very thin and ads basically no bulk to the phone. Isn't the thickest or strongest of cases but I'm pretty good with phones. The black and silver leather one was yhideous IMHO

Sprint case and holster for me too until the Sedio Active case is released!

statdoc

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I also got a TPU case off Amazon. I like it fine. I might switch to something else after the selection improves, but for now, it is good.

StraightWisdom

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Motorola Photon 4G Dimple Color Click Case - Black

This is what i'm looking into.. anyone have this yet? I like the fact that it doesn't cover the top and bottom on the phone, so there isn't a edge surrounding the entire phone.

Right now i'm rocking a clear TPU case.. it's aight, but i'm really feeling case.

actually found a cheaper one on Ebay and snatched it up with the quickness.. Now I just got to wait till it gets in.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...ccessories&hash=item2567627f39#ht_1477wt_1110

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984