Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Default Update Available!!!!

I just checked for updates as I do everyday amd there is an update available. I'll report back if it fixes known issues.
    rjw

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default Re: Update Available!!!!

Just checked and I am also seeing the update

ya me too. I wonder what difference it'll make

thanks... hopefully my foon keeps working flawlessly!!! even with the ifoon news on sprint...

Fixes 3 main issues.

What firmware is it on 2.3.3 or 2.3.4? Thanks

Release notes:

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deaofly View Post
    What firmware is it on 2.3.3 or 2.3.4? Thanks
    I assume you're asking the Android version. After the update, it's on 2.3.4. FYI for everyone else, the phone did take a little longer, about 1-2min, to load up after the update.

Yippiee..Downloading mine as i type!!

Global Posts
    742 Global Posts

Well, I'll be dammed!

I'm so glad I was wrong.... hope it works.

But, the news that Sprint is getting the iPhone 5 this Fall (w/ magnetic induction charging), changes everything.... :-)

Software updated... now version 45.2.5en.US version
    Last edited by ToddK; 08-24-2011 at 03:26 AM.

Guys and Gals i don't know about you but my internet is blazing fast at the point with the update..What about you all?

I just installed the update, too. I am very glad that Moto made this available so quickly, and I hope it fixes the "silent call" issue. If not for that, I would have no complaints about this phone. And even so, it has only happened to me a couple times.

Sent using my Motorola Photon

Quote Originally Posted by statdoc View Post
    I just installed the update, too. I am very glad that Moto made this available so quickly, and I hope it fixes the "silent call" issue. If not for that, I would have no complaints about this phone. And even so, it has only happened to me a couple times.

Sent using my Motorola Photon
    It is supposed to fix that issue!!

This will make the phone damn near perfect.. the phone is even more fast too me.

Guess Motorola figured alot of phones were gonna be returned within the week of Sprints return policy. Installing the update now, will report how phone reacts throughout the day.

This is just a MR and will not wipe the phone, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by unvme9180 View Post
    This is just a MR and will not wipe the phone, correct?
    Correct

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts

I must say, coming from an EPIC 4G, this update came out very quickly. I'm already happy that I made the switch =D

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

WOW is it just me or does the Browser seem faster? I also called a few friends and no silence so far.. I will test this further during the day since I use my Phone a lot for work.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Yea, I just downloaded as well and now we have a few days to test before the 30 day exchange period is up.

One issue I found on my phone since the update is if battery mode is set to Nighttime saver, push email doesn't come through as fast (or at all - not sure) even though it is well past 5:00am. Setting to performance mode the push is immediate. I can live with that if the call issues are fixed.

The browser is now sickening fast ..no phone can touch it!!!

ROM
    Stock for now

Well you guys can all thank me for your Photon update. I actually took mine back to Radio Shack last night. Since I'm going out of town soon, I couldn't keep the phone while I was away since I didnt know when the MR was coming. Literally within 8 hours of taking it back, the update gets pushed out to people. My two biggest gripes (terrible browser speed and no audio phone calls) seem to be addressed. Might have to swing by a Sprint store this evening.
    Jeff
    Galaxy S3, Epic 4G Touch, Photon, Evo, Pre, Pixi, Moto Q, BB Curve, PPC-6700
    Addicted to cell phones since 1998
    Thanked by 2:
    tiny2nzToddK 

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Thank you Sprint/Motorola. I really didnt want to return this phone. I was going to hold right up until my 30 days to return it. Updating right now.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Okay, I cam from a Pre and it gave me a notification that an update was available. It took forever (5 minutes) for me to find where in the system the update area was. I don't usually think of the "About" screen as a place to take actions...

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts

Two quick observations: First, on XDA, there have been gripes of the OTA breaking their wi-fi. On mine, all I had to do was re-enter my security code and bam.....on again. It wiped the memory of the code apparently. Secondly, I don't know about browser speed because mine was quick before, but I just ran Quadrant 4 times and while I'm sure it's not really that big of a deal....it went from averaging 2200 to 2500 with a high of 2668. Coming from an Gen 1 Evo, it's kinda funny to see it WAY down the Quadrant list.

Oh...and for those of us that have suffered the "gee all I did was plug in the USB to a computer and now I can't see squat on my SD card" blues.........while it's not in the release notes, I think something was fixed there, too. My Backup Pro WAS writing to the phones "internal SD card" (partition). NOW, it writes to my little SanDisk like it should.

Of course I already pissed away a ton of stuff on the original while troubleshooting. It was backup up to the PC, but just a pain in the **** to replace everything. Let's hope they eventually come up with a standard for naming conventions and think of a brighter idea than naming a partition of the internal as "sd card". Doofuses!

The MoPho truly is one.

bj
    Sammy Galaxy S3 in the land of no LTE (Welcome to Chicago)
    Prouder Photon owner since HTC and Sprint wouldn't stop my Evo from rebooting!
    (Proud Evo owner since launch day.)
    (Former Pre/Palm OS fanatic)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast