Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default calibrate touch screen?

Is there some way to calibrate the touch screen? I used the swype keyboard, and I've noticed that when I intend to long press the "m" key in order to get a "?", I often (and I mean *often*) will end up pressing the return key. To get the "?" I have to move to the left... as if I'm pressing in between the "m" and the "n" key.

I've looked this up in the forums and on google, and it appears that you can calibrate the touchscreen on other phones by going to Menu -> settings -> Language & Keyboard, and then there's an option under there to run a tool to calibrate the screen. But I can't find any such option on the MoPho.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: calibrate touch screen?

also would like to know this

Count me in...

Same here

I think Motorola disabled it

Yes touch screen calibration is a needed function if not mandatory!

My touch screen is hypersensitive, you can practically breath on it to launch an app! Even with a screen guard on it!

Come on Moto, the only touch screen phone without calibration?

I still love my MoPho though!

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock USCC 2.3.5

Curious about this myself. I find, using any keyboard, spacebar often doesn't respond. Typing is much less precise than it was on my Samsung Mesmerize (again, any keyboard - SwiftKey X, Smart Keyboard Pro, stock Android, Swype, etc).

My screen must of needed breaking in.

My touch input is fine now.

But there should be some settings for it, maybe Moto will do it in a future update if enough peop bring up the issue.

Love my MoPho!

same here
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Haven't seen this feature since my g1 and hero....

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

I don't know how old your phone is but after a month my touch screen is working fine

but some key boards do act up

So at this point there is still not a calibration tool

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX

According to Verizon, there is no option for calibrating the phone. Unfortunately. Because I am really tired of hitting the wrong letters. Grrrr

if anyone knows how you can help the LG Optimus L9 p760 calibrate touch screen