Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cant send text messages

Hey guys I installed the OTA yesterday and it fixed the no sound during calls issue, but now i cant send text messages, any work arounds?

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default Re: Cant send text messages

This is going to be a stupid question, but have you tried to restart your phone?

Mine wouldn't refresh emails after the OTA update until I rebooted my phone.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

I had that problem (text message not sending) after i installed the layars application. i rebooted my phone and it still had the text message problem. So i uninstalled the application and now i have no problems. Something in the application is getting access to my text message app and not allowing them to be sent out. This is a big bug in the LAYAR application.

I don't have Layar, and I persistently have the text issue as well

Global Posts
    630 Global Posts

Trying uninstalling all text message apps, and reboot twice.

Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

My Photon crashed while sending a text last night (Handcent), and willnow no longer send any text - it is still recieving texts but nothing will go out - the little blue "wheel" spins but never completes sending the text.

Resets, half a dozen so far and two battery pulls have not helped.

Open to all ideas that do not include factory resets (last resort - too much does not get backed up - call logs and texts I have to have for billing purposes.)

Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

Discovered what was causing the text issue - I had been trying an app called GroupMe- deleted it - and all is fine now.

Sent from a Moto-Photon using TapTalk for Android

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None yet

I've had this text issue since I got the phone. Most of the time, texts go out fine, but occasionally it doesn't send. Not sure what is causing the issue and I don't have any of those apps mentioned above that are supposedly causing the problem. I never had this issue when I had my Samsung Epic.