Battary won't charge?

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
For some reason my Photon will not charge past 20% today. I have tried plugging it in several times for more than an hour and I come back to see it's still @ 20%. Anyone else experience this?

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I think I had a program dragging it down, literally burning the battery as I charged it. This morning it was finally 100%. But, within 2.5 hours it was at 20%. So, I uninstalled any program I installed within the past 48 hours, plus any other app I didn't actually need/want anymore and it started charging much quicker again.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Did you happen to have lookout anti-virus or a battery icon % app downloaded?

I don't recall to be honest. I only downloaded "Yahoo Mail" (app) and "Uplifting Psalms Daily Bible" (app) that particular morning. I uninstalled both of these, as well as all other apps I didn't deem necessary. The daily Psalm I thought was supposed to be daily, but it kept providing me a new Psalm every hour or so, so it may have had a bad install (?). Or, the Yahoo mail may have been checking for mail too often (?). Either way, it's better now.

dullgeek

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
You might also try taking it to Sprint and have them test the battery. This happened to me and Sprint found the battery was failed and they replaced it.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
You might also try taking it to Sprint and have them test the battery. This happened to me and Sprint found the battery was failed and they replaced it.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

After I uninstalled the apps it appeared to be OK again. I uninstalled 8-10 apps, so I'm not positive which one it was, but the 2 listed above were the 2 I installed the day it started happening.