Screen blemishes?

joeisrad

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
In addition to a couple little scotches on my new Photon, I notice a cross, literally a "+" in my screen from the center, you can only see it in daylight, and under certain lights but it looks to almost be like a residue of some sort, but it's not, i've tried wiping it off several times to no luck. Does anyone else have this "+" in their screen? It's huge, it literally goes from start to finish vertically and horizontally. I'm worried that I received a unit with a bad screen, any advice would be appreciated. I will try to upload a picture if requested.

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I believe what you are noticing is the screen door effect that the pentile screen gives off in bright light. Thats normal, don't worry.

redtooth

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I noticed today that i have either a dead pixel or some type of flaw under the glass. Its small like the size of a grain of sand but its in the center of the screen and now that i know its there it's bugging the heck out of me. I dont know yet if its bad enough for me to demand an exchange but I'm still well within my 30 days. What should i do?

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

joeisrad

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not quite sure if it is the screen door effect as stated previously, I managed to actually snag a picture of it! The arrows shows the actual cross, yes, there are scratches outside the cross, but my main concern is the major cross with the arrows.

Does your photon have this? Try looking in sunlight? Or did I just get a bad one? Any advice would be helpful.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2ccxikm.png

popologuy

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Sheesh! This is really a fight between cousins, not a fight between two competing platforms! I'm not returning my Photon, so that's what is best for me. And, every one else! I command u !! :)

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Take it back, thats not right. If you can capture something that clearly in a pic you have a bad screen or glass and its hardly nit picking when its this obvious.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Looks as if it's used to center something. Screen? Digitizer? Screen alignment?

I don't know either. I would take it back because that would bother the heck out of me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair