Horrible lag

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
This is my 3rd. Getting tired of moto and sprint at this point.

This isn't Sprints fault. Blame the manufacturer and poor quality control. But this is ALL manufacturers, including HTC. I went through 3 3D's and it's horrible reception and tilted screens that I gave them up and tried moto. My phone works great till I use BT and then it goes haywire. But I narrowed the problem down to it being a blueant q2 and launcher pro issue and how it uses voice commands. If I use LP with BT, it goes nuts and doesn't work right. If I use stock or GO launcher, it works great. Go figure right? I also find that stock is much slower than a 3rd party launcher. Almost like it's not optimized or finished to take advantage of that tegra 2 SoC.

In your case, there's got to be some sort of issue with an app installed. Do you have an SD card installed? Did you format it with the phone? Etc.?

acoleman1981

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
This isn't Sprints fault. Blame the manufacturer and poor quality control. But this is ALL manufacturers, including HTC. I went through 3 3D's and it's horrible reception and tilted screens that I gave them up and tried moto. My phone works great till I use BT and then it goes haywire. But I narrowed the problem down to it being a blueant q2 and launcher pro issue and how it uses voice commands. If I use LP with BT, it goes nuts and doesn't work right. If I use stock or GO launcher, it works great. Go figure right? I also find that stock is much slower than a 3rd party launcher. Almost like it's not optimized or finished to take advantage of that tegra 2 SoC.

In your case, there's got to be some sort of issue with an app installed. Do you have an SD card installed? Did you format it with the phone? Etc.?

It kinda is they should test devices before selling a million of them.

jeriel05

May 10, 2011
Visit site

Im curious as to what problems you are having with the bluetooth? I use launcher pro and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary yet.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
It kinda is they should test devices before selling a million of them.

They did test mine and 499,999 other MoPhos. The other half million they didn't bother testing. Maybe they figured, the first half million were good, so the last half million should be just as good.

right? :D

acoleman1981

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
They did test mine and 499,999 other MoPhos. The other half million they didn't bother testing. Maybe they figured, the first half million were good, so the last half million should be just as good.

right? :D

Look I'm tired of arguing about it. Any help from anyone or just more bull****. If that's it **** off I'm sorry for asking. Its like ******* XDA in these forums.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Look I'm tired of arguing about it. Any help from anyone or just more bull****. If that's it **** off I'm sorry for asking. Its like ******* XDA in these forums.

I wasn't trying to be smart with you or argue. I just gave a fact then asked you a few questions to get an idea as to what your problem might be. You didn't answer them. Until you do, I can't try to help.

Besides, Sprint is just a carrier and a retailer of the phones they sell. Yes, they make some of the software that's installed but they hand over the software to the manufacturers to install/ test/ and ship. It is upto the manufacturers to quality test the phones before shipping but they don't and sprint, at&t, t-mo, and verizon get the backlash when a phone is a lemon. What I'm trying to say here is that Sprint doesn't open every phone to make sure they work, although they should, before shipping them to you, it's up to the manufacturers for quality control.

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Im curious as to what problems you are having with the bluetooth? I use launcher pro and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary yet.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

I have tried 3 different BT's to try to correct this problem and it still persists. I had heard from treotraveler that the blueant Q2 might be incompatible but my moto H12 and H790 do the same thing. Example:

click button to make call:

I say: phone commands
It says: activating voice commands on the connected phone
It says: say a command
I say: call Michelle on mobile
It says: calling michelle

Nothing happens and I might have to do this 2 or 3 times to connect. I do it again and it might come through BT or it might come through phone. In order at this point to get it to work, I have to reboot the phone and BT and it still might or might not work. When I get home and turn off BT and headset for the evening, my proximity sensors cease to work (as if I'm still using BT) until I reboot the phone.

Whats funny is that I had LP installed since day 1 and was having these issues with BT. I decided to wipe my phone the other day but left it stock, installed BT and it worked flawlessly with no issues for 3 days. Re-installed LP on thursday night and friday morning...BAM...issues. So I decided to uninstall LP and install GO launcher for giggles and BT works with no issues. So I guess LP (paid version) doesn't like me as much as I though it did.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Acoleman,

You are the first to complain here about a "horrible lag". Until you give more explicit details about your problem, no one can offer any constructive suggestions beyond "try a different phone". When do you get this lag? What exactly happens that you are describing as "lag"? That sort of detail.

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site

You did set the tone with your attitude in your original post, and every other post of yours.

Hard reset it to dump the memory, as was suggested already, or get a different phone, something other than the MoPho. The vast majority of us have usable MoPhos. Having three different MoPhos with the same issues, does suggest user error issues.....

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, after the MR5 update, my phone has been practically flawless with zero lag. I'm very happy with it and I can't believe how fast and accurate I can type with Go Keyboard.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Acoleman,

You are the first to complain here about a "horrible lag". Until you give more explicit details about your problem, no one can offer any constructive suggestions beyond "try a different phone". When do you get this lag? What exactly happens that you are describing as "lag"? That sort of detail.

I had horrible lag with mine, after day one. It was stock also. I would click on an icon and the phone would just sit there. I would reclick and nothing. Then click different app sometimes it would hang, sometimes load. Hit the back button then the previous app i had tried to open would be black screen and the phone would freeze until i hit the power button. I factory wiped (via recovery method and wiped cche) and seems better. Just rooted also so hopefully it will work ok now

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I had horrible lag with mine, after day one. It was stock also. I would click on an icon and the phone would just sit there. I would reclick and nothing. Then click different app sometimes it would hang, sometimes load. Hit the back button then the previous app i had tried to open would be black screen and the phone would freeze until i hit the power button. I factory wiped (via recovery method and wiped cche) and seems better. Just rooted also so hopefully it will work ok now

Mine has been working ALOT better now. I did notice that as soon as i downloaded perfect task switcher the lag came back instantly :'( might just not like my phone. Hate it cause i like that app and seems itching thumb is no more

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been working ALOT better now. I did notice that as soon as i downloaded perfect task switcher the lag came back instantly :'( might just not like my phone. Hate it cause i like that app and seems itching thumb is no more

Perfect task switcher is one of the first apps I downloaded. Mine of very speedy. I suspect there's a subtle hardware problem with you phone.

wesleyyin

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I had MR5 and "horrible lags." Last time I had it right after I ran android-wifi-tether beta 6 with Galaxy S/netd setting over 4G. The phone became normal after several reboots.

Also, in the 20 - 40 seconds after booting into home screen, the phone is pretty useless.

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

Any way to get Itching Thumb again? Downloadable .apk?

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Perfect task switcher is one of the first apps I downloaded. Mine of very speedy. I suspect there's a subtle hardware problem with you phone.

Anyone able to get App previews with Perfect Task Switcher? I rooted my phone and still don't have previews.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I was thinking that too but wasn't sure. I rewiped again and all seems well. Still haven't added perfect task switcher back. May go play with a test model and see. Do you all get a delay when launching the camera with the hardware button? I have a pretty long one but when using the icon it launches almost instant

Sent from my My Mopho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34