Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Default Horrible lag

Any solutions to fixing this piece of **** phone so I don't have to restart after every freegin call?

I'm on my 3rd photon and I already hate this phone. The update didn't fix **** only made the phone more unusable.

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

Default Re: Horrible lag

Wow, I have not heard of anyone else with these issues. Do you have any apps installed? Is it laggy any other time? Mine is very snappy! Never had a lag issue.

Was it slow out of the box or over time?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Banned

I have a lot of apps but does it with none installed as well.

Carrier
    Marshmallow!

I've never heard of this problem either. Have you tried doing a factory reset? Has every Photon you've had done this?

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Go buy an iphone. :P

Global Posts
    678 Global Posts

How can anyone state that they have never heard of this issue? Seriously now....

I've never heard of it, either. There was a really common issue with "no sound" that could only be fixed by restarting, but

1) this soulds different
    2) that was fixed by the update.

Quote Originally Posted by jfenton View Post
    How can anyone state that they have never heard of this issue? Seriously now....
    Seriously, I have not seen a post describing "Horrible Lag" either. And on three MoPhos you've had. Are you sure you have the Official update installed?

I'm Still on my original MoPho since drop day 7/31. It never had any lag, or unresponsive or any call issues.

You might maybe should take it back and try a different phone....

Never heard of horrible lag issues either. Had the phone since launch day. If it's 3 phones in a row I have to start to think it's something you are doing, not the phones. Sorry, not what you want to hear, I'm sure.

Nor have I. I'd do a factory reset and watch what you install, there's a lot of bad apparently out there.

Since this is the 3rd phone I agree with above. I have three photons working just fine.

I was helping someone with a slightly different problem but it seemed to me that some Spront store
    people are messing up the transfer of contacts from one phone to the other. They first put ot on an
    sd card, then move it up to google etc. Whatever they are doing is messing up phone everytime it
    looks for contacts (incoming and outgoing). Part of the problem was that the sd card needs to be
    reformatted on a new phone due to subtle filesyste differences (should be done with all phones).
    I would do a factory reset, remove the sd card, initialize the phone following the instrictions in the
    pamphlet to sync contacst from gmail.

Quote Originally Posted by acoleman1981 View Post
    Any solutions to fixing this piece of **** phone so I don't have to restart after every freegin call?

I'm on my 3rd photon and I already hate this phone. The update didn't fix **** only made the phone more unusable.
    I am with the phone for about two weeks now, there is no general lag. You need to be more specific about when it lags. There have been one or two times the phone lagged, but I think it has to do with some app being busy. A few times it kind of locked up and eventually eset on its own. Those are the most severe cases I run into.

Sent from mobile
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    I've never heard of this problem either. Have you tried doing a factory reset? Has every Photon you've had done this?

All 3 of them have.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by uilleann View Post
    Go buy an iphone. :P
    Thinking about it when sprint gets one.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Seriously, I have not seen a post describing "Horrible Lag" either. And on three MoPhos you've had. Are you sure you have the Official update installed?

I'm Still on my original MoPho since drop day 7/31. It never had any lag, or unresponsive or any call issues.

You might maybe should take it back and try a different phone....
    This is my 3rd. Getting tired of moto and sprint at this point.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by unvme9180 View Post
    Never heard of horrible lag issues either. Had the phone since launch day. If it's 3 phones in a row I have to start to think it's something you are doing, not the phones. Sorry, not what you want to hear, I'm sure.
    Its not what I wanna hear and its not anything I'm doing. You sound like you work for Sprint. Thanks.

I would be, too. Trade it in for something different. You and the moto aren't made for each other.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlegal View Post
    I would be, too. Trade it in for something different. You and the moto aren't made for each other.
    No ****.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

No problems here..except some occasional homescreen lag

Its not what I wanna hear and its not anything I'm doing. You sound like you work for Sprint. Thanks.
    Ha, lol @ working for sprint. One phone messed up I can see no problem. Happens all the time. Two phones having problems that nobody had complained about...hmmm. And three phones in a row having an issue that only you see too have. Well you should play the lotto or something. I definetly don't work for sprint. Im just being realistic.

This isn't Sprints fault. Blame the manufacturer and poor quality control. But this is ALL manufacturers, including HTC. I went through 3 3D's and it's horrible reception and tilted screens that I gave them up and tried moto. My phone works great till I use BT and then it goes haywire. But I narrowed the problem down to it being a blueant q2 and launcher pro issue and how it uses voice commands. If I use LP with BT, it goes nuts and doesn't work right. If I use stock or GO launcher, it works great. Go figure right? I also find that stock is much slower than a 3rd party launcher. Almost like it's not optimized or finished to take advantage of that tegra 2 SoC.

In your case, there's got to be some sort of issue with an app installed. Do you have an SD card installed? Did you format it with the phone? Etc.?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    This isn't Sprints fault. Blame the manufacturer and poor quality control. But this is ALL manufacturers, including HTC. I went through 3 3D's and it's horrible reception and tilted screens that I gave them up and tried moto. My phone works great till I use BT and then it goes haywire. But I narrowed the problem down to it being a blueant q2 and launcher pro issue and how it uses voice commands. If I use LP with BT, it goes nuts and doesn't work right. If I use stock or GO launcher, it works great. Go figure right? I also find that stock is much slower than a 3rd party launcher. Almost like it's not optimized or finished to take advantage of that tegra 2 SoC.

In your case, there's got to be some sort of issue with an app installed. Do you have an SD card installed? Did you format it with the phone? Etc.?
    It kinda is they should test devices before selling a million of them.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post

Im curious as to what problems you are having with the bluetooth? I use launcher pro and haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary yet.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

It kinda is they should test devices before selling a million of them.
    They did test mine and 499,999 other MoPhos. The other half million they didn't bother testing. Maybe they figured, the first half million were good, so the last half million should be just as good.

right?
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    They did test mine and 499,999 other MoPhos. The other half million they didn't bother testing. Maybe they figured, the first half million were good, so the last half million should be just as good.

right?
    Look I'm tired of arguing about it. Any help from anyone or just more bull****. If that's it **** off I'm sorry for asking. Its like ******* XDA in these forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast