Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Default Stay Awake Option Not Sticking

Anyone else noticing the "Stay Awake" option is not sticking after a day or so. I use my phone every day in the car for navigation. I pretty much have it like clockwork where I place it onto the mount and plug in the charger. But for some reason, the screen always shuts off.

I looked through the settings and notice that the "Stay Awake" box is unchecked even though I checked it off the day before. I thought the problems may have been from the battery and data manager. I have unchecked the data saver option and have set the phone for performance mode, and the problem continues.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yes, I have noticed the same thing. No solution for it yet though.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    mk3

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Default Re: Stay Awake Option Not Sticking

Yeah same problem here.
    "Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Found the culprit. It seems after using the kickstand, the Stay Awake option gets unchecked. I use the kickstand every night as the phone has become my bedside clock and alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by sko580 View Post
    Found the culprit. It seems after using the kickstand, the Stay Awake option gets unchecked. I use the kickstand every night as the phone has become my bedside clock and alarm.
    That makes sense. I was wondering about this thread, because I have never had any trouble with the "Stay Awake" option when using the car navigator. But I never use the kickstand, and disabled it a while ago, because it was too sensitive, and every time something jostled it (like the magnet touch stone I put the phone on during the day to use as a portrait "dock", or stand) the darn thing would send me into landscape mode.