Home screen doesn't rotate

MarkEagleUSA

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
The Photon is my first Android device and after only the first day I'm really liking it! The only "problem" I've encountered is that none of the Home screens auto-rotate which doesn't make sense and is really confusing when using the device in landscape position. Opening the kickstand is the only time the home screens will rotate.

Is this an issue with the phone?... Android?... user error?

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
The homescreen (motoblur, or whatever they are calling the launcher app) does not rotate. It stays in portrait mode. When you go into an app, then it rotates, depending on the orientation of the device. You need to have another launcher (ADW, Launcher Pro, etc.) running to have that feature. It is a limitation (for lack of a better term) of the software.

My EVO is the same way with HTC Sense.

SeaMonster

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yep, the home screen also rotates when in the car dock. (Exit car dock to the home screen and it is rotated.) But not all by itself.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Yep, the home screen also rotates when in the car dock. (Exit car dock to the home screen and it is rotated.) But not all by itself.

Unless you don't use the OEM car dock, and use more of a basic cradle/holder. In which case the default OS does not allow for horizontal use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz