word wrap with pinch to zoom

tlaz

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Does the browser word wrap when you pinch zoom in like the HTC browser does?

Thanks!

Get xscope browser from the market. It word wraps very well and has tabbed browsing and other features that are better than HTC's browser, IMO. I had the Evod3d before I got the Photon and I really missed the HTC browser until I was introduced to xscope. Now I don't miss it at all.

Reactions: hilgerone

hilgerone

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I had the xscope on my Merge before I wiped it to update to 2.3 and it was a nice browser. I'll have to try it when I get my Electrify next month. Thanks for the input!

tlaz

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's just settings, but all i do is pinch and the browser text resizes automatically. i don't have to double tap. or am i not understanding the text wrap feature the op is asking about?

hilgerone

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's just settings, but all i do is pinch and the browser text resizes automatically. i don't have to double tap. or am i not understanding the text wrap feature the op is asking about?

Yes that is what I'm wondering. No matter how far you pinch to zoom in it automatically wraps the words in that particular column of text so you don't have to scroll side to side. On my merge it will even zoom and wrap until there is one word per line. No tapping required. Good for aging eyes!

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes that is what I'm wondering. No matter how far you pinch to zoom in it automatically wraps the words in that particular column of text so you don't have to scroll side to side. On my merge it will even zoom and wrap until there is one word per line. No tapping required. Good for aging eyes!

Is xscope working this way on the Photon or just other devices? I'd love to be able to pinch to zoom and have the word wrapping be done WITHOUT having to double tap. That's about the only thing I miss from my 3VO (actually, watching the Green Hornet in 3D was pretty cool!).

hilgerone

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Is xscope working this way on the Photon or just other devices? I'd love to be able to pinch to zoom and have the word wrapping be done WITHOUT having to double tap. That's about the only thing I miss from my 3VO (actually, watching the Green Hornet in 3D was pretty cool!).

I will also be coming from Sense and was a little concerned that I might miss some of the features from sense as the moto quite looks a little more vanilla. But overall you aren't missing sense much?

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

I just tried xscope on my Photon and unfortunately, it still requires a double tap to word wrap after zooming, it is not automatically recognizing mobile sites, and it's slower than the stock browser. Therefore, I'm sticking with the stock browser!

UPDATE: Do not import bookmarks from stock browser then xscope seems to work perfectly. This browser does have potential!

Last edited:

hilgerone

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Played with a Photon yesterday and there were pages that wouldn't wrap no matter what, pages that would wrap with the double tap, and pages that wrapped just by pinch to zooming. All of those pages would wrap with my Merge. Strange. Couldn't figure out why.

hilgerone

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't. I was just poping up pages and comparing them to the same on the merge. I do think the one site that would not do anything was a mobile version of CNN. Might be a setting too. I didn't pry. The place was kind of a zoo.