Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sforresst
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

Default Facebook 1.7.1 - Force close updating status or checkin

For anyone that has updated to Facebook 1.7.0 or 1.7.1 on the Photon, does your app force close when attempting to update status or checkin using the buttons on the newsfeed screen?

Default Re: Facebook 1.7.1 - Force close updating status or checkin

I don't have the Photon, but my EVO 3D is doing the exact same thing...

my Samsung S2 having the same problem, it force close when i press "status" or press "check in".

My photon is not force closing when I press status or check in

No...

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

yes my evo 3D is doing that too

Yes, I have V1.7.1. I get the force close message when I try to update status... The update appears to have fixed a previous problem I was having though -- I would get notifications, but when I select them, my phone would go back to the home screen. Now my notifications work, but I can't update status I own the HTC Thunderbolt for Verizon.
    Last edited by MDiva; 09-20-2011 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Typo
    #teamandroid

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

Same here with me, HTC Desire HD. Had the problem with 1.7 and hoped the 1.71 update would fix it, but it didn't
    I think it must be related to other apps installed as my friend has the same phone, same carrier and no issues

Annoying as hell, keep me posted if any of you guys find a fix!

have the 4g touch on sprint, my wife also. mine does this exact thing, hers works prefect. nice intro to android, first for both of us. i found like 1.6.4 and that works. not sure how to diagnose this, any tips ??
    when i open the program its like a double flash, happens quick, hers does not.

Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    For anyone that has updated to Facebook 1.7.0 or 1.7.1 on the Photon, does your app force close when attempting to update status or checkin using the buttons on the newsfeed screen?
    Check to see if you have more than one custom list set up as your default posting permission. If so, take it down to just one list. It seems like 1.7 cannot deal with more than one at a time.
    Thanked by:
    kingerick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sforresst View Post
    Check to see if you have more than one custom list set up as your default posting permission. If so, take it down to just one list. It seems like 1.7 cannot deal with more than one at a time.
    Finally! after months of searching....this is the right answer. thank you

my wife and i have the same phone. my facebook worked but hers didn't. tried re-installs and factory reset and even got a replacement phone (for a diff reason) but nothing worked. I tested this fix on my phone by adding a custom list and my facebook crashed. set the default privacy back to friends and facebook worked just fine again.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

I should have also said thank you when this solution was posted..