Photon USB Tether

outdoorbum

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Just received my Photon and due to my ignorance, it seems like I can just do a simple USB cable tether on my computer with Windows XP. But I am totally frustrated after 2 days of trying this and it not working. Any help is greatly appreciated, and please bear in mind I know very little about this technology!

vintagetechtm

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
To my knowledge, one cannot use the phone's data just by using the USB tether. Tethering your phone to use Sprint data then you have to pay for that option.

You can search the android market for tethering programs. Most are paid applications but you might be able to get a free one.

vintagetechtm (Motorola Photon 4g)

outdoorbum

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The help menu on my phone for wireless and networks says to download a tetherxp.inf file for Windows XP tethering and use it when installing the phone as new hardware on the computer. The file is in notepad format so I'm not even sure its the right one, and I am forced to go into my device manager after installation to try and update the drivers but I think I am messing that step up somehow.

rswimports

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Just received my Photon and due to my ignorance, it seems like I can just do a simple USB cable tether on my computer with Windows XP. But I am totally frustrated after 2 days of trying this and it not working. Any help is greatly appreciated, and please bear in mind I know very little about this technology!

I'm using Pdanet downloaded from market. It works OK, some times some times like dial up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12