And then there were three - OTA Update

Paperino

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Motorola has started deploying a new update that fixes Google Video Chat issues.

4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_6 should be coming to a Photon near you very shortly. While it isn't a massive fix of all the complaints that we have had about the Photon, it is nice to know that Motorola is addressing bugs in a timely fashion.... cough cough....

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Motorola has started deploying a new update that fixes Google Video Chat issues.

4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_6 should be coming to a Photon near you very shortly. While it isn't a massive fix of all the complaints that we have had about the Photon, it is nice to know that Motorola is addressing bugs in a timely fashion.... cough cough....

They need to address the bluetooth issues alot of people are having. I would think that is much more important than gtalk.

Nuff said.

swimb

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Agreed.

Sucks that my Motorola stereo bluetooth headset (the sd 10 model...or something like that) doesn't work at ALL with visual voicemail. You would think that motorola products would work with each other.

Kind of a pain to be on the road, get a vm, and I have to turn bluetooth off, take my headset off, and then listen to the VM.

Hopefully a fix is coming soon.

Love the phone, only issue I have had is that 2-3 times for no reason it just shut off. Had to pull battery to get it to restart.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
The Bluetooth VVM issue is not just the Photon. Epic Touch 4g does not work either. It is a Sprint problem and not the manufacturer of the phone. I have contacted Sprint several times and they dont know how to fix it. Their answer is to just use the old version.

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Agreed.

Sucks that my Motorola stereo bluetooth headset (the sd 10 model...or something like that) doesn't work at ALL with visual voicemail. You would think that motorola products would work with each other.

Kind of a pain to be on the road, get a vm, and I have to turn bluetooth off, take my headset off, and then listen to the VM.

Hopefully a fix is coming soon.

Love the phone, only issue I have had is that 2-3 times for no reason it just shut off. Had to pull battery to get it to restart.

Press and hold "1" and listen the "old school" way when you have your BT on. Yes, it sucks to have to do this and we shouldn't have to. But, it's the best work around until Moto finds a fix.

jhasty

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok. The upgrade came in. Now a green LED is flashing and when I push the power button the screen says "Now" in large letters.

What does that mean?

UPDATE: After pulling the battery and restarting, it asked again if I wanted to install the update. This time it was successful.

Last edited:

maddog2727

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have nothing either. In fact, I've been checking and it tells me that "Check for update is not available at this time, Try again later."

Last night while checking for an update, it just kept searching and searching and searching to no avail.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Not to sound ungreatful that Motorola and/or Google are putting out updates, but maybe they need to address more improtant ones first, other than a Google Voice problem, how about taking care of the phone powering off on it's own !!!...maybe it's just me but seems like that MIGHT BE MORE IMPORTANT than my Google voice problem. Just my 2 cents :-\

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
Not to sound ungreatful that Motorola and/or Google are putting out updates, but maybe they need to address more improtant ones first, other than a Google Voice problem, how about taking care of the phone powering off on it's own !!!...maybe it's just me but seems like that MIGHT BE MORE IMPORTANT than my Google voice problem. Just my 2 cents :-\

I don't have this issue. Could this be a manufacturing issue only effecting certain units as apposed to an issue which effects all users?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz