Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default And then there were three - OTA Update

Looks like Motorola has started deploying a new update that fixes Google Video Chat issues.

4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_6 should be coming to a Photon near you very shortly. While it isn't a massive fix of all the complaints that we have had about the Photon, it is nice to know that Motorola is addressing bugs in a timely fashion.... cough cough....

Default Re: And then there were three - OTA Update

Quote Originally Posted by Paperino View Post
    Looks like Motorola has started deploying a new update that fixes Google Video Chat issues.

4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_6 should be coming to a Photon near you very shortly. While it isn't a massive fix of all the complaints that we have had about the Photon, it is nice to know that Motorola is addressing bugs in a timely fashion.... cough cough....
    They need to address the bluetooth issues alot of people are having. I would think that is much more important than gtalk.

Nuff said.
    KahneFan likes this.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Agreed.

Sucks that my Motorola stereo bluetooth headset (the sd 10 model...or something like that) doesn't work at ALL with visual voicemail. You would think that motorola products would work with each other.

Kind of a pain to be on the road, get a vm, and I have to turn bluetooth off, take my headset off, and then listen to the VM.

Hopefully a fix is coming soon.

Love the phone, only issue I have had is that 2-3 times for no reason it just shut off. Had to pull battery to get it to restart.

The Bluetooth VVM issue is not just the Photon. Epic Touch 4g does not work either. It is a Sprint problem and not the manufacturer of the phone. I have contacted Sprint several times and they dont know how to fix it. Their answer is to just use the old version.

Quote Originally Posted by swimb View Post
    Agreed.

Sucks that my Motorola stereo bluetooth headset (the sd 10 model...or something like that) doesn't work at ALL with visual voicemail. You would think that motorola products would work with each other.

Kind of a pain to be on the road, get a vm, and I have to turn bluetooth off, take my headset off, and then listen to the VM.

Hopefully a fix is coming soon.

Love the phone, only issue I have had is that 2-3 times for no reason it just shut off. Had to pull battery to get it to restart.
    Press and hold "1" and listen the "old school" way when you have your BT on. Yes, it sucks to have to do this and we shouldn't have to. But, it's the best work around until Moto finds a fix.

They need to fix the wifi issue when you go out of the country.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Ok. The upgrade came in. Now a green LED is flashing and when I push the power button the screen says "Now" in large letters.

What does that mean?

UPDATE: After pulling the battery and restarting, it asked again if I wanted to install the update. This time it was successful.
    Last edited by jhasty; 10-03-2011 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Update
    Palm 300 -> 600 -> 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Evo 4G -> Photon -> Optimus G
    HP Touchpad -> Nexus 7

Pull your battery.

Hmm. Not seeing this update. Were you all prompted for it or did you manually check?

I haven't seen it either:-(

SENT FROM A BADAZZ MOPHO

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aptmx View Post
    Hmm. Not seeing this update. Were you all prompted for it or did you manually check?
    I did a manual check.
    Palm 300 -> 600 -> 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Evo 4G -> Photon -> Optimus G
    HP Touchpad -> Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by aptmx View Post
    manual chk here....bingo

ROM
    Viper Rom ICS Android 4.0

Just checked it manually and nope

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

Same here.. did a manual check as well and nothing!

^ same

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fintablayze View Post
    ^ same

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    Same

Sent from my MoPho on The Sprint Network

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts

Same. No update.

Same here, no update

I have nothing either. In fact, I've been checking and it tells me that "Check for update is not available at this time, Try again later."

Last night while checking for an update, it just kept searching and searching and searching to no avail.

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts

Cool Re: And then there were three - OTA Update

Not to sound ungreatful that Motorola and/or Google are putting out updates, but maybe they need to address more improtant ones first, other than a Google Voice problem, how about taking care of the phone powering off on it's own !!!...maybe it's just me but seems like that MIGHT BE MORE IMPORTANT than my Google voice problem. Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by PAC757 View Post
    Not to sound ungreatful that Motorola and/or Google are putting out updates, but maybe they need to address more improtant ones first, other than a Google Voice problem, how about taking care of the phone powering off on it's own !!!...maybe it's just me but seems like that MIGHT BE MORE IMPORTANT than my Google voice problem. Just my 2 cents
    I don't have this issue. Could this be a manufacturing issue only effecting certain units as apposed to an issue which effects all users?

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maddog2727 View Post
    I have nothing either. In fact, I've been checking and it tells me that "Check for update is not available at this time, Try again later."

Last night while checking for an update, it just kept searching and searching and searching to no avail.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I too am getting " Check for updates is not available at this time. Try again later." Check Weird.

Those of you that are showing it as not available:
    Settings -> Battery & Data Manager -> Data Delivery -> Social Applications -> uncheck sync of wi-fi only and change data delivery frequency to push

Those of you who aren't seeing the update, are you Rooted?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast