Annoying Email Issues

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Stock App - If I am composing a new email then switch to a different app to get some information, when I go back to the stock email app, it always takes me to the inbox instead of going back to the new email I was composing! Any fix for this?

K9/Kaiten Email - If I scroll down to the middle of my inbox to read a few messages then switch to a different app; when I switch back to K9/Kaiten, the inbox automatically scrolls back to the top. Therefore, I lose my place everytime and have to remember how far down I was in the inbox. Any fix for this?

Issues like these have me really missing my Palm Pre which had TRUE multitasking. However, I do love the SPEED of my Photon.

Last edited:

SeaMonster

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
For the first issue, the email you were composing is still in an open process, you just need to get back to it. I use "Perfect Task Switcher". It isn't perfect, but it helps. I too am a Palm refuge and I miss cards. Perfect Task Switcher helps a lot and I am able to get back to emails that are in the middle of composing.

BTW: You can bind PTS to the home button or the long press of the search button. I prefer the latter. It just seems cleaner to me to leave the Home button doing what Home is intended to do. On long press of the search I get the popup with a list of choices for "search like" tools and in my mindset, I am searching for open tasks.

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I used to use PTS but it was awkward and slowed down my phone. Therefore, I removed it and my speed came back. I saw a video about the Itching Thumb app which looked better than PTS but it does not seem to be available any more.

SeaMonster

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I used to use PTS but it was awkward and slowed down my phone. Therefore, I removed it and my speed came back. I saw a video about the Itching Thumb app which looked better than PTS but it does not seem to be available any more.

Interesting... I never noticed a slowdown. Was that on the Photon or another device? I found that PTS got in my way a lot when bound to the Home key, but that was just usability issues. On the search-long-press key it doesn't seem to be doing anything until I summon it.

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Interesting... I never noticed a slowdown. Was that on the Photon or another device? I found that PTS got in my way a lot when bound to the Home key, but that was just usability issues. On the search-long-press key it doesn't seem to be doing anything until I summon it.

Yes, I was using PTS on my Photon. I did have it bound to my Home key which may have been the source of my problems. I didn't want to tie it to my search key because I already use it for so many other things.