Has Anyone Else's Screen Scatched Yet?

backfire103

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well I've had the phone for a little over a month and already have 2 tiny hairline scratches on the screen. I treat the phone with amazing care and keep it in a case all the time. I thought Gorilla glass was supposed to be really hard to scratch. I had an Evo without a case for a year and it was perfect. I know Sprint used to replace screens for people with TEP for a low cost/free and I was curious if they still do that. Thanks!

fintablayze

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My photon screen is still flawless, and let me tell you, this thing has seen some rough moments.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Well I've had the phone for a little over a month and already have 2 tiny hairline scratches on the screen. I treat the phone with amazing care and keep it in a case all the time. I thought Gorilla glass was supposed to be really hard to scratch. I had an Evo without a case for a year and it was perfect. I know Sprint used to replace screens for people with TEP for a low cost/free and I was curious if they still do that. Thanks!

No I've tried makes my friends jealous

Sent from my MoPho on The Sprint Network

Reactions: slag02

Zaki

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised to hear about scratches on the screen... I dropped mine (face first) for the first time yesterday and gotta say... no scratches or blemishes of any kind.

vintagetechtm

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

My screen is flawless as I have had a screen saver on it almost from day one. I always use screen savers.

vintagetechtm (Motorola Photon 4g)

beantown

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
My screen is flawless as I have had a screen saver on it almost from day one. I always use screen savers.

i would have to agree, my girlfriend also has the photon without a screen protector and her screen is also scratchless...

dex4

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Had my photon for 6 weeks now and dropped it once on concrete which landed on its screen. Still good as new for the screen/glass. Although the sides didn't take it as well.

jeriel05

May 10, 2011
Visit site
My phone has 1 very tiny scratch on it (hardly noticeable). I took it to Cancun last month and I must have gotten a grain of sand in my pocket....

MarcD#AC

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
i thought this gorilla glass was unscratchable for the most part?...i also have 2 small scratches on my screen...my phone has yet to take a big drop *knock on wood*...just find it odd that the screen actually scratched...my old junk samsung transform didnt even have a scratch after a year of use

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
What amazes me is people can't stand tiny screen scratches, but they can deal with an ugly screwed up screen savers peeling up with bubbles underneath. ;)

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
What amazes me is people can't stand tiny screen scratches, but they can deal with an ugly screwed up screen savers peeling up with bubbles underneath. ;)

I have an otterbox defender series case which comes with a screen protector as part of the case (not glued on the device). Its kind of awesome.

LeaninBack916

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Have a bootleg screen protector on it right now. Its taken on a few scratches. I only do that because I am always on the go and putting my phone in pockets, the side of my gym bag, car cup holder, etc. I know its Gorilla glass I just dont want any scratches. :D

vintagetechtm

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Non of my screen savers have bubbled up. I used the invishield once and it was crappy, it couldn't withstand my cat chewing on it (it did protect my screen though). Since then I have used other screen savers that are almost not noticeable.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I was about to trade my wife's evo 3d for a photon on Craigslist and didn't because it had a couple scratches on the screen. Weird ... I thought gorilla glass meant no scratches. ..mines perfect. I just hate having a screen protector that collects dust around the edges .

willysp

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
As long as I sometimes use my Photon outdoors, it will have a screen protector on it (good ones installed correctly don't have bubbles).

Gorilla glass is not, nor IIRC has Corning ever claimed it to be, scratch-proof. Scratch-resistant, yes. It would have to be diamond-like to be scratch proof.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol