Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Has Anyone Else's Screen Scatched Yet?

Well I've had the phone for a little over a month and already have 2 tiny hairline scratches on the screen. I treat the phone with amazing care and keep it in a case all the time. I thought Gorilla glass was supposed to be really hard to scratch. I had an Evo without a case for a year and it was perfect. I know Sprint used to replace screens for people with TEP for a low cost/free and I was curious if they still do that. Thanks!

My photon screen is still flawless, and let me tell you, this thing has seen some rough moments.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by backfire103 View Post
    Well I've had the phone for a little over a month and already have 2 tiny hairline scratches on the screen. I treat the phone with amazing care and keep it in a case all the time. I thought Gorilla glass was supposed to be really hard to scratch. I had an Evo without a case for a year and it was perfect. I know Sprint used to replace screens for people with TEP for a low cost/free and I was curious if they still do that. Thanks!
    No I've tried makes my friends jealous

Sent from my MoPho on The Sprint Network
    Thanked by:
    slag02 

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

Default Re: Has Anyone Else's Screen Scatched Yet?

I'm surprised to hear about scratches on the screen... I dropped mine (face first) for the first time yesterday and gotta say... no scratches or blemishes of any kind.

ROM
    Stock 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by backfire103 View Post
    My screen is flawless as I have had a screen saver on it almost from day one. I always use screen savers.

vintagetechtm (Motorola Photon 4g)

Naked mopho here, and no scratches yet. I love how sleek and durable this phone is. Not to mention its awesome radios!

SENT FROM A BADAZZ MOPHO

none and I am not careful when handling it

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vintagetechtm View Post
    My screen is flawless as I have had a screen saver on it almost from day one. I always use screen savers.

i would have to agree, my girlfriend also has the photon without a screen protector and her screen is also scratchless...

Global Posts
    307 Global Posts

First phone I HAVEN'T had a saver on and it's flawless. LOTS of use!

bj
    Sammy Galaxy S3 in the land of no LTE (Welcome to Chicago)
    Prouder Photon owner since HTC and Sprint wouldn't stop my Evo from rebooting!
    (Proud Evo owner since launch day.)
    (Former Pre/Palm OS fanatic)

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Had my photon for 6 weeks now and dropped it once on concrete which landed on its screen. Still good as new for the screen/glass. Although the sides didn't take it as well.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

My phone has 1 very tiny scratch on it (hardly noticeable). I took it to Cancun last month and I must have gotten a grain of sand in my pocket....

i thought this gorilla glass was unscratchable for the most part?...i also have 2 small scratches on my screen...my phone has yet to take a big drop *knock on wood*...just find it odd that the screen actually scratched...my old junk samsung transform didnt even have a scratch after a year of use

Just got a couple of tiny scratches so I broke down and had an invisishield put on. So much for gorilla glass not scratching

ROM
    Stock

What amazes me is people can't stand tiny screen scratches, but they can deal with an ugly screwed up screen savers peeling up with bubbles underneath.

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cubfan View Post
    What amazes me is people can't stand tiny screen scratches, but they can deal with an ugly screwed up screen savers peeling up with bubbles underneath.
    I have an otterbox defender series case which comes with a screen protector as part of the case (not glued on the device). Its kind of awesome.

And I have a phantom skinz, which fits so well my husband couldn't tell it was there.

No bubbles, no peeling.

Have a bootleg screen protector on it right now. Its taken on a few scratches. I only do that because I am always on the go and putting my phone in pockets, the side of my gym bag, car cup holder, etc. I know its Gorilla glass I just dont want any scratches.
    -MoPho 4g
    -#TeamPhoton4G

ROM
    Stock 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Cubfan View Post
    Non of my screen savers have bubbled up. I used the invishield once and it was crappy, it couldn't withstand my cat chewing on it (it did protect my screen though). Since then I have used other screen savers that are almost not noticeable.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Diamond particles in sand, diamond rings, etc. can and will scratch Gorilla Glass.

T.J.

ROM
    Viper Rom ICS Android 4.0

I was about to trade my wife's evo 3d for a photon on Craigslist and didn't because it had a couple scratches on the screen. Weird ... I thought gorilla glass meant no scratches. ..mines perfect. I just hate having a screen protector that collects dust around the edges .

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

As long as I sometimes use my Photon outdoors, it will have a screen protector on it (good ones installed correctly don't have bubbles).

Gorilla glass is not, nor IIRC has Corning ever claimed it to be, scratch-proof. Scratch-resistant, yes. It would have to be diamond-like to be scratch proof.

Global Posts
    4,500 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

I don't have any scratches on my screen luckily and can't for the life of me put on a screen protector without having at least one bubble show up. I've tried I don't know how many times to install one but they always end up in a ball in my trash can.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    I don't have any scratches on my screen luckily and can't for the life of me put on a screen protector without having at least one bubble show up. I've tried I don't know how many times to install one but they always end up in a ball in my trash can.
    If you buy them at Sprint, they will usually install them free. Best buy will install them for a fee ($8 IIRC, which makes total price of a Zagg a ridiculous $28!) I find Zagg to be very time consuming and messy to install - but ended up with a perfect install on my Xoom. My first Zagg for a phone a few years ago ended up in a ball in the trash!

I prefer the thicker stiffer ones. I normally use Seidio and install them myself in a humid bathroom. Usually have to use tape to lift a corner or a side a few times to get the remaining bubbles.

As said a million times In many threads,, gorilla glass is scratch resistant,,,, not scratch proof. Also, someone in these forums turned me on to steinheil ultra crystal screen protector. This product is amazing. Looks and feels like glass. Goes on dry. You can take off and put back on unlike zagg. 2 pack for 13 dollars. I doubted this person who showed me this is and to this day I can't thank him enough.

10.1/32 gig of fun!
    love my evo.

I've managed to put a little tiny dent in my screen, I've dropped it three times tho, so now I have a screen protector on it, I'm not the most careful person when it comes to phones.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast