OTA: 10/12

gilgastelum21

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a BB Torch, I would have to say that is one thing I miss the most. I REALLY liked the Torch's default music player.

I agree with you completely. Stock music player on this phone isn't that good. Has potential to be better and I even the music players to buy aren't that good either.

SENT FROM MY MOPHO BLASTER

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
OK…so I was finally able to get the update and installed it. Battery life has taken a serious nosedive. I am not rooted and am running stock for everything. According to the battery monitor, the Android System seems to be using up a lot and this this was never an issue before the update. Is there any way I can go back to the previous firmware version? I didn’t even really want this update anyways.

fage88

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
OK?so I was finally able to get the update and installed it. Battery life has taken a serious nosedive. I am not rooted and am running stock for everything. According to the battery monitor, the Android System seems to be using up a lot and this this was never an issue before the update. Is there any way I can go back to the previous firmware version? I didn?t even really want this update anyways.

Strange alot of people seem to be having this problem. I am not. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that i updated using the SB/RSD lite. I wonder if is all OTA updaters who are seeing the battery issues.

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
yes, it's very bad - I hope they are working on a fix. I am only getting 4 hours of out battery now!

I am rooted - but that doesn't seem to matter as non rooted users are reporting the same problem. I am getting an alert from time to time that my CPU is being heavily used at times - don't know what is running in the background that shouldn't be but it's eating up my battery.

I tried to calibrate battery but it won't let me - says my su binary is outdated, then when i tap to update, it won't let me saying ""gaining root access....fail". I used root checker and it says i'm rooted.

I love when updates mess up my perfectly good phone!

fintablayze

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Strange alot of people seem to be having this problem. I am not. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that i updated using the SB/RSD lite. I wonder if is all OTA updaters who are seeing the battery issues.

I updated the same way and have had minimal problems. Rooted fine, binary updated fine, and battery doesn't seem to be an issue. Ill need to run more tests.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

statdoc

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I had some initial issues with actually downloading the update. Like a couple others have said, I got a message that it was downloading, but that message lasted for a couple hours. Finally, I did a battery pull, and after reboot the download and installation progressed just fine. No apparent negative issues seen after the update.

eccentric.ash

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I was rooted using torpedo before the update.

Installed the update OTA, the phone powered off to install and seemed getting stuck on the "NOW" screen forever (over 10 mins). I was contemplating a battery pull when it came back to life and started up just fine.

Root was broken with this install, but was able to re-root it using torpedo without any issues.

Battery life seems the same as before, and the phone seems to be charging fine with the USB cable.
I just did this a couple of hours back, so I'll update here if I see any weird stuff.

gilgastelum21

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
My battery life took a nose dive after this update; has anyone else experienced that?

I was able to re-apply root as well, but the Su binary doesn't want to update to the latest version:

Gaining root access... fail!

Its happening to mine also. With ridiculous heating! The phone gets really hot

SENT FROM MY MOPHO BLASTER

willysp

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, although a colossal PITA, the OTA is working fine now.

Started with stock rooted. Nothing modded or deleted.

Took forever to download and install - 16 hrs - needed a battery pull.

Ran OCR - Root Check said I'm not rooted. Then got the "SU binary out of date"; SU failed to update when I tried manually. Uninstalled SU (v3 with Elite add-on), reinstalled, now rooted OK. Problem here may be that OCR was pushing old SU v2 stuff to phone and corrupting my v3 install (?).

Battery at 90% after 7 hours at work with WiFi and push-Exchange (which is better than normal)

USB charging working fine.

There is obviously something flawed with this OTA. Prior ones were quick and easy.... It's good that Moto is starting to use a group of folks like us to beta test future updates to avoid releasing a screwed up OTA like this one..

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, although a colossal PITA, the OTA is working fine now.

Started with stock rooted. Nothing modded or deleted.

Took forever to download and install - 16 hrs - needed a battery pull.

Ran OCR - Root Check said I'm not rooted. Then got the "SU binary out of date"; SU failed to update when I tried manually. Uninstalled SU (v3 with Elite add-on), reinstalled, now rooted OK. Problem here may be that OCR was pushing old SU v2 stuff to phone and corrupting my v3 install (?).

Battery at 90% after 7 hours at work with WiFi and push-Exchange (which is better than normal)

USB charging working fine.

There is obviously something flawed with this OTA. Prior ones were quick and easy.... It's good that Moto is starting to use a group of folks like us to beta test future updates to avoid releasing a screwed up OTA like this one..

same boat as you - how do you uninstall superuser though? It's just there - can't get it to uninstall. I just re-rooted the phone via OCR and it seems to be ok now. No longer getting the error su binary out of data for now. root check says i'm rooted, hopefully this will fix things. I removed the widgetlocker also since i'm reading on other boards that that is a major problem also.
thanks.

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
same boat as you - how do you uninstall superuser though? It's just there - can't get it to uninstall. I just re-rooted the phone via OCR and it seems to be ok now. No longer getting the error su binary out of data for now. root check says i'm rooted, hopefully this will fix things. I removed the widgetlocker also since i'm reading on other boards that that is a major problem also.
thanks.

I have widgetlocker and it was never a problem before. Uninstalled it and will see how it goes.

willysp

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
thanks.

From my phone, went to Market, My Apps, selected SU, clicked Uninstall; then re-installed in the same way. (I use SU v3 and bought the Elite add-on, so did it for both)

I'd never heard of nor used widgetlocker, and from looking at it on Market, not convinced it has enough downloads/reviews to be a root cause. On the Interwebs, someone posts something, it gets reposted everywhere, and one data point becomes commonly accepted truth.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol