So, I bought an iPhone 4S....

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I was getting increasingly annoyed at the poor quality screen on the Photon and some other small issues. I've had my iPod forever for music and it works great. I really wanted a phone with a higher quality screen and the iPhone has one of the best. I also was getting a bit tired of Android and wanted a change. Every time I used an equivalent app on a friends iPhone, it always seemed better.

I got the iPhone on Friday, it was back in the box to get returned by Sunday.

I couldn't handle not having a T9 Dialer, LED Indicator, lack of a Calendar Agenda on the homescreen and no Google Nav. All the buttons on the top of the iPhone screen seemed dumb, I kept covering my screen with my hand to press the back button with my thumb.... It also seemed all the apps were much more expensive.

I still think the app quality is better on iPhone and it feels more polished, but I'm staying with my MoPho and its abundance of functions.

bonanzabucks

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree with your assessment. Android phones have better functionality and customization while the IPhone is multitudes better for apps. Sure, Android has a lot of apps, but the iOS app quality is so much better. I have an iPod Touch 4 for the apps and games and have the same apps on both devices and you simply can’t compare the two. Not sure if Android as any app also available on iOS which is better. It’s really give or take. You’re limited with iOS and Android has much more potential, but more time, effort and support goes into the iOS ecosystem.

Let’s not get started when comparing any Honeycomb device to the iPad. I have an Asus Transformer and love it, but the apps on the iPad are a lot better.

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Wow...so you aren't keeping the iphone cause the keypad doesn't have the letters on it, no led, no calender widget and no google navigation? There has to be a good navigation app you can get instead of google. But the iphone has better screen, camera, and apps. Idk...kind of sounds like you didn't give the iphone a fair shake. IMO two days isn't really long enough to make a choice. But nevertheless, it's your decision to make...I'm just sayin...

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow...so you aren't keeping the iphone cause the keypad doesn't have the letters on it, no led, no calender widget and no google navigation? There has to be a good navigation app you can get instead of google. But the iphone has better screen, camera, and apps. Idk...kind of sounds like you didn't give the iphone a fair shake. IMO two days isn't really long enough to make a choice. But nevertheless, it's your decision to make...I'm just sayin...
I'm getting rid of it because without a calendar agenda, I wasn't able to make it to an appointment. I cant continually look at my calendar app.

If the iPhone had the calendar agenda on the lockscreen, not just notifications, I could deal with the rest.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I have never...EVER...considered an iphone before now. My first android was the EVO 4G and absolutely love it and have 3 of them on my account which work flawlesly. Upgrading to the EVO 3D was a total disaster and the mopho really is no different. This has left me frustrated and in disrepair. I hate the way the iphone is closed but from what I hear, it works! Works great as a phone! I need a phone first then everything else is icing.

Don't get me wrong, I like my mopho. Just hating all the problems it has and continues to have.

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I got my gf the iphone and I gotta tell ya, it's great piece of hardware. The app quality is much higher. In the two minutes that we were comparing apps, I understand what os meant by the higher app quality. Hulu plus no go on the photon and skype only uses a quarter of the screen for the front facing camera.... iphone uses the whole thing.

Sent from my Photon

xtn

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
What? If it uses the whole screen to display your front camera, where do you see the other party?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that I envy about the iphone is the full screen caller ID. Until now nobody, and I mean nobody on android has nailed that.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
My wife is currently using the galaxys2 on AT&T and is planning to return it and getting the 4s because of:

1. Siri (I know right?!)
2. Smaller screen.

I love the SGS2. It is the first android phone that I actually used. If I wasn't a webOS fanatic (I know right?! Using a pre3 :)) I would totally dig android.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about getting a 4s but with the announcement of the razor and galaxy nexus on the horizon I'M just going to see what they will offer first.

android

dmglouis

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that I envy about the iphone is the full screen caller ID. Until now nobody, and I mean nobody on android has nailed that.

I think the problem there is that there is no way to set a large source image as the contact picture if they are a google contact. Because as soon as you set the pic, it gets uploaded to google and resized there and that resized picture gets downloaded back to your phone and used instead.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I think the problem there is that there is no way to set a large source image as the contact picture if they are a google contact. Because as soon as you set the pic, it gets uploaded to google and resized there and that resized picture gets downloaded back to your phone and used instead.

I have this problem too. The thing is is that I do NOT sync my contacts with google whatsoever. On my Evo's, the pic size stayed the same but the quality of the photo's went into the toilet (when synced with google) but when not using google, the pic was clear and much larger. On my moPho, the pic is smaller and quality is not so good.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Android is nice. The photon on the other hand has issues just like any other phone. The iPhone will have some sorta issue I am sure. Its just been released. Give it a few weeks! As far as Android goes the OS needs A LOT of work. I LOVED my WebOS device! Infact I still want another one. If only HP would get off their @sses and build a good device or just sell off WebOS then I would be all set....

So for now I am using my Evo 3D and I enjoy it for the most part. Hardware is great! Plus they have top notch CS. So I have made Android my OS for now.

Sean-Troy

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am using the iPhone 4s I know kind of silly especially since I just received my lap dock I honestly wanted to love this phone but don't I will give it a few more days regardless I'm not returning it I will keep it if only to use as another iPod

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I went through the same thing.
It was between the Iphone 4S and the Photon.
The Iphone cant be customized , which is a blessing and a curs.
The Photon can be customized which is a blessing and a curse.
Using both phones just made me more upset with HP
Web OS just works so much better than both the Android OS or the IOS
No with all that said I decided to go with the Photon
The top 10 reasons are
1. Better security
2. The ability to remotely erase the phone
3. The ability to use Sprint Nav/Tel Nav
4. The ability to have true hdmi video out
5. The ability to change the battery vs having to take the phone to the store and be without it
6. The larger screen
7. The ability to add more memory
8. The ability to customize it
9. The ability to use various docs and use the 3G/4G with them without having to tether
10. I got it from Target as an upgrade for $49

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
What? If it uses the whole screen to display your front camera, where do you see the other party?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Think of it like Skype on Windows. When you maximize, it uses the entire screen real estate, and you are on the bottom side. On the Photon, the other person is in the center, using about 1/4 of the screen, and the rest if just black. It's a waste of a large screen...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12