4G connectivity issue, won't maintain connection.

dak125

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Howdy,

This is my second Photon and I've been having the same issue. The first Photon (one which I purchased on launch day) was returned due to loss of 4g connectivity. Sprint acknowledged the issue while in store, they replaced the phone, but unfortunately the issue still remains.

In essence, I will be using the 4G connection and all is well. If I'm reading a web page and the 4G goes to sleep, more often than not I completely lose internet connectivity. The 4G will even show that it's 'on', has full reception, but doesn't work at all. The only solution is turning 4G off, and turning it right back on.

The same issue happens if I leave 4G on, don't use the phone for a few minutes and then return. It shows full reception, but in reality there's no one home.

This has proven to be hugely frustrating and I'm concerned that two phones in a row have the same issue, presumably others do as well?

I'm located in downtown Chicago, have full 4G coverage in test locations, and the issue remains. I had an Epic 4G and HTC EVO previously and had full coverage without any issues.

It's not a battery save feature either, unfortunately.

Thoughts? Thanks.

jleliekelly

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok I saw this on another thread and it was for another phone BUT....I tried it and am surprised. I had Juice Defender (paid) and was running it and losing all connectivity and reset for all signals would be only way to bring it back. I uninstalled JD and (knock on wood) so far so good. I don't know if im jinxing it by writing this but......

Rolled out from from my Photon via Tapatalk

gmizzle

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm having similar issues with a new Photon. I just did all the updates last night, and the problem remains. If I sit on 4G and it goes to sleep (the icon gets the little 'ZZZ' in it), the phone will silently lose internet connectivity with no warning or notice until 4G is turned off, then back on. This stops all push mail (GMail, IMAP) etc from working along with everything else.

Really, really bad.

dak125

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm having similar issues with a new Photon. I just did all the updates last night, and the problem remains. If I sit on 4G and it goes to sleep (the icon gets the little 'ZZZ' in it), the phone will silently lose internet connectivity with no warning or notice until 4G is turned off, then back on. This stops all push mail (GMail, IMAP) etc from working along with everything else.

Really, really bad.

I'm the original OP, and the issue still exists unfortunately. Updating the PRL offers the same solution as turning 4G on/off, but isn't much of a solution IMO. It should just work - but that's just me :).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power