Why does the Notification LED Flash for no reason?

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello, does anyone know why the Notification LED on the front of the Photon flash green when I have no messages, no missed calls, no voice mail, no e-mail, no updates, nothing? Like the old days when you would have a LED flashing to show you had service but I was sure thoese days were gone, and there is no LED settings on this phone.:-\

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Nope, do not use FB or Twitter, and never have them updating. Guess it's not a big deal, was just curious as to what the blinking green LED might mean.

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there a program icon in the notification area? I use an app called Silent Time and when ever is running and the icon is shown in the bar it will flash my notification light. I can dismiss the notification light by dragging the blind down and then backing back out of it.

gollyzila

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me too. My phone would make a notification sound twice and then the blue LED would flash but there would not be any texts. I have LED Light Flow setup to show blue for texts.

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The same thing was happening to me after I installed Light Flow. Even after I uninstalled it, same behavior. Ultimately, I did a factory restart and the problem went away. Of course, I did NOT install Light Flow again.