Need help with Electrify/Gmail/Camera issue!

Greenbean

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
SO I know its a Photon forum but I need more eyes then the traffic in the Electrify forum,

I have an issue that is almost going to send me back to my Blackberry Bold,

When in gmail and I reply to a message the phone will let me attach images yes, however it will not let me turn on the camera and take the image, all messages have to be saved as drafts and the pictures taken at any resolution and then attached that way.

Now the wild part, If I log into my yahoo email I can turn the camera on and it auto-sizes to 1MP which is perfectly fine for me.

What gives, I tried a Mesmerize before this Motorola and it would let me launch the camera to take images while in the email. Motorola won't. I have a friend with a little LG Optimus and you can start the camera from the attach image menu.

In a text message I can attach an image and I have the option to launch the camera and take the pic right then. I need that same option within gmail.

I have been all over the phone and in and out of settings and can't figure out what's up.

Any help or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
It would never have occurred to me to start emil first and then start the camera from within email. If you start the camera first, and take a photo, the "share this photo" menu (a box with two little arrows leaving it) gives you the option of gmail, email, and several other things, including in my case, k9 and evernote.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon