Will we be able to root our way to ICS?

popologuy

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I am a ported webOS Photon user. It seems like Ice Cream Sandwich is as close to webOS as anything so far. Will we be able to root and run Android 4.0 on our phones ?

Airwolf79

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Its been reported that one developer has already got the leak up and running on a Nexus S, which apparently will be the first phone other than the Galaxy Nexus to get the official OTA update. I'm sure our Photons will get it too, but as with any update, and especially since ICS will have a lot more changes than just a minor +0.01 update, I would wait to see how the Photon takes to it before jumping on it.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I would hope you guys get ICS to be honest. Photon is still a newer phone. So I guess it really comes down to how lazy Moto wants to be. Plus Google bought Moto this year....So really there isn't any real reason for you guys NOT to have it right?

Last edited:

fintablayze

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I think the question he's asking is if the Photon will still be able to be rooted after ICS. Chances are, no you won't. But I'm sure the photon devs will be hard at work to acquire root again.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Airwolf79

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I think the question he's asking is if the Photon will still be able to be rooted after ICS. Chances are, no you won't. But I'm sure the photon devs will be hard at work to acquire root again.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

That's the incentive to root, unlock and not accept the ota's. Even though this phone doesn't get a lot of different roms, I'm sure someone wil make a flashable rom out of ICS.

fintablayze

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Heck I'm not even worried about ICS roms at the moment, i just want a fully working CM7 up and running. I tried out the Alpha version yesterday for fun (which doesn't actually work without taking the sim card out) and that thing is BLAZING fast. Fastest I've ever seen CM7 run, second to any nexus device.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Eh, I don't need CM7, I'm pretty happy with the phone as it is. But I am DYING to get ICS, because it will restore a lot of the functionality I lost when moving from the Pre to Android. So I am hoping the CM guys get excited about this one.

Zaki

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Eh, I don't need CM7, I'm pretty happy with the phone as it is. But I am DYING to get ICS, because it will restore a lot of the functionality I lost when moving from the Pre to Android. So I am hoping the CM guys get excited about this one.

Ditto!

popologuy

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
From reading the blogs and seeing the list of predicted ICS phones, Photon was far down on the guaranteed ICS list, so my question is really, if we can't get it through Motorola, then we will be able to get it through rooting?

buzzardjrt

far down on the list is better then not being on it at all. I have tried rooting my phone several hundred time in every way possible and i have not been able to make it successful. even though i have read the instructions and asked questions. I guess i should of went to college.

so i am hoping its coming to our phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX