Photon 4G May not be getting ICS? (Officially)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Why even post this, the evo 3d sucks. That isn't a official list, it says predictions.

Sorry to burst your bubble. The E3D is a great device no matter what you think. If your a Moto fanboy then so be it.

Is this a prediction? Sure it is. So I sparked a convo about it, Why do you gotta be all angry about it? Both devices are great. Then again you can have your own opinion. So if you wanna get all pissy about it then fine. Just don't reply and let the thread die....

This is ment as a intellectual convo people. Not a "what phone is better" match.

|-KGB-|CaptHowdy

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
i must say this is pretty troll of you to come to a forum about a phone you dont have to brag about the predictions of what the phone you do have is supposed to get. But im switching back to my ns4g as soon as ics is available for it. Plus i am eligible for upgrade still so when the galaxy nexus comes ill grab it. So if this doesnt get ics then i i keep it as a backup.

Reactions: jleliekelly

jbuggydroid

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I still think the photon will get ics. The phone pretty much is stock android with light customization.so it shouldn't be hard to upgrade it to ics. Motoblur is really slim and webtop shouldn't be hard to integrate. The only thing i can see holding it up or slowing it down is two things: the security features since it is a business phone and possibly the tegra 2 chip.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Motorola seems to be pretty invested in the Photon, and as one of the commenters pointed out, there are several tablets with Tegra chips that will be upgraded to ICS. And "blur" is pretty light on the Photon, so there's not a ton of extra work to do there.

So I think there's a good chance we will see an official upgrade to ICS. If we don't, it might be a long time before we get anything. The custom ROM community on this one is small.

Derek_B

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or are some of the new features in ICS already available with Motoblur (or whatever they're calling it now), i.e. resizing widgets and being able to throw them away in the trash can at the top, etc.?
Some things like the face unlock, I might or might not even use anyway if it doesn't work well.

I'll be bummed if the MoPho doesn't get ICS, but I love my phone and it already does everything I need it to do and more.

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
http://www.androidcentral.com/will-my-phone-get-ice-cream-sandwich

That really sucks for you guys. I thought you guys would be getting it for sure? Well maybe not. What do you all think about this?

I'm glad I got an E3D! ICS here I come!

How sad is it that you use a phone to define yourself but have envy for another that you try to troll it's users?

#1 that is an Android Central list, they don't decide such things.

#2 lets say that list actually meant something, if the Atrix 2 and Bionic are on there the Photon and the Electrify would get it as well.

Fail troll

Reactions: jleliekelly

LancerzRalliart

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to burst your bubble. The E3D is a great device no matter what you think. If your a Moto fanboy then so be it.

Is this a prediction? Sure it is. So I sparked a convo about it, Why do you gotta be all angry about it? Both devices are great. Then again you can have your own opinion. So if you wanna get all pissy about it then fine. Just don't reply and let the thread die....

This is ment as a intellectual convo people. Not a "what phone is better" match.

"That really sucks for you guys. I thought you guys would be getting it for sure? Well maybe not. What do you all think about this? I'm glad I got an E3D! ICS here I come! "

So this statement is intellectual? My last phone was HTC so I dont have a preference for phone companies. But just know that your Evo 3d is trash!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
"That really sucks for you guys. I thought you guys would be getting it for sure? Well maybe not. What do you all think about this? I'm glad I got an E3D! ICS here I come! "

So this statement is intellectual? My last phone was HTC so I dont have a preference for phone companies. But just know that your Evo 3d is trash!

Well if you wish to compare phones why cant you tell me why the E3D is so bad? Did you get the phone first and try it out? Did you have a lot of hardware issues with it? Maybe Sense isn't your cup of tea? The 3D gimmick was to much for you? I know you don't like any certain company..Great! But why is the 3D so bad?

Up above I had just made it clear that I was happy with my current phone. I posted this thinking the Photon was another great device that would be getting ICS. Yes its not in stone. If your predictions differ from the article that's great! I am more or less thinking ANY phone from 2010 and on SHOULD by default get it. I found the list interesting. Take it as you may.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, are the kiddies out of school today?

First, I don't know how you can read the article to say that the Photon won't be getting ICS. It certainly reads to me that it has a better chance of seeing it before the 3vo. Better sign up for some reading comprehension classes, kid.

Second, because there are tons of Tegra-based tablets that will be seeing ICS almost immediately, I'll say it clearly for you, though I don't want to make you cry. The Photon will have ICS, and will have it LONG before you see it on the 3vo. Maybe you missed the news that Google owns Motorola now?

Status
Not open for further replies.