1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto cutting 800 jobs!

Well, this might be our dreams of ICS going up in smoke. I know Google is taking over (in the near future) but I don't see them taking the moPho on as a flagship phone. I want to remain optimistic that our moPho will get ICS but now reading this, it's hard to.

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts

Default Re: Moto cutting 800 jobs!

I don't think a little cost cutting ahead of the merger is anything I'm too worried about. 800 out of almost 20,000 employees is likely just some fat trimming/cost cutting.

You don't need a full HR department, marketing dept, benefit plan administrators, etc. Probably killing off some projects that aren't viewed as part of their new direction with Google, etc.

Not to mention that Apple is going to strongly protest the sale
    Samsung is the odd company out in this. Google is after patents and technology so that Apple will leave them alone. By Getting Motorola /Mobil they get patents Apple cant touch in court. I imagine that MOtorola will do what ever the courts say in order for this deal to go through. If this sale is ever approved then the next Nexus phone will be made by Motorola.No reason to deal with Samsung and the constant law suits if you are covered by the Motorola patents.

Ics will definitely be going on tegra tablets. So putting it on the photon should happen as the hard work will already be done.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the Photon isn't getting anything better than GB...

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums