Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Lokifish Marz
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Default Stopping Moto Blur

Hi all,

I've read several places that if you install a 3rd party launcher (like SPB 3D) than the MotoBlur will continue to run in the background using up battery. Is there a way to disable, shut down Motoblur or is it not really a problem?

Thanks in advance,

Global Posts
    5,305 Global Posts
    ROM
    Chroma

Default Re: Stopping Moto Blur

I use GO Launcher as my default launcher and my battery doesn't drain any faster than normal.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."

Community Rules & Guidelines

Im using both Holo Launcher by Mobint and Jelly Bean Launcher from Team Syndicate on the Play store and I haven't experienced any Battery problems either...

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

Yup. What they said

I would not worry about it and it does not drain or use much battery or memory to be concerned about.

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX
    Banned

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Depends on what you mean by "much". DeBlur/DeBloat frees up about 50MB of space in /system/app and about 60MB of RAM. If set up correctly, you can have widgets and an eye candy heavy launcher and use LESS RAM than the phone does fresh out of the box. DeBlur/Debloat also improves 3G and 4G speeds as well as a ton of other tweaks/enhancements over stock.

You people do realize this post is nearly a year old, right?

Motorola Photon 4G
    Banned

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Then why did you resurrect it?
    rutkind and dalebert54 like this.

Because I felt like it

Motorola Photon 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Slender Troll View Post
    Because I felt like it

Motorola Photon 4G
    Perhaps you need to contemplate dropping the "Slender" part of your handle if you are going to vibe a Dev for offering solutions.