1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Lightbulb Notification lights on Home buttons

Having come from a Palm Pre, I got very used to having the center button light up when I had a notification waiting. I like being able to look from across the room and see if the light is blinking, the Photons little light on the top right corner is barely visible when you're holding the phone. Is there any way to make the home/navigation buttons on the bottom of the phone light up? Possibly something through root? Like menu for email, home for text, back for missed call, and search for facebook?

This would make the phone much more user friendly. Let me know if anyone else would like this!

Default Re: Notification lights on Home buttons

Quote Originally Posted by josephwendt View Post
    Let me know if anyone else would like this!
    An app which could blink (or solid light) the home keys when there is a message waiting would be great! I don't know that it's possible to specify which key, if it is, that would be even better to associate a key with a user defined application. i.e. email=home, text=return, VM=search (or whatever the user selects). I will say BBM and the TRUE notification LED are the main things I miss from my Blackberry. I've tried the lightflow app, but it's just not the same.

Yes I agree

Sent from my MoPho on The Sprint Network

This is not what you're looking for but have you looked at NoLED? It's pretty nifty.

No that would kill battery

Sent from my MoPho on The Sprint Network

Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    This is not what you're looking for but have you looked at NoLED? It's pretty nifty.
    Haven't tried it yet, but it looks pretty cool!

Link:

Tested it out and it seems to work pretty well. Puts the notification on the timed out screen. AND, it appears to light the home keys.
    Last edited by KahneFan; 11-05-2011 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post

That app ROCKS! I used larger icons and auto-orientation. Then, flipped open my kickstand and it works MUCH better than some stinken' flashing LED ever did :-)