Screen timeout and poor touch recognition...

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone get as frustrated as me with screen timeout issues and (false positive) touch issues?

For example, I'll use the mic for talk-to-text and it will be processing and the screen will time out, only to have to start over. I don't want to increase screen timeout because then it will be on longer when I put it down...the phone should be smart enough to know if its in the middle of an operation and still being used.

Seriously, is the phone too stupid to realize its working on something and is still being used...really?

I browse youtube a lot, if I scroll through the video list with one hand, it ALWAYS plays a video instead of scrolling, very frustrating.

Man, I hope ICS brings some much needed polish.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
No screen protector. A screen to timeout while waiting for a webpage to load is stupid, regardless of settings.

I believe the problem simply is poor hardware/software programming. Moto has to setup the hardware to work with software...its their issue.

andoman

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I've never had a phone that waits during page loads without any other interaction. No offense but if you don't change your timeout settings, its a user problem not the phone.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
^other phones are smart enough to know they are still being used, the Photon should be too.

All my 3 Evo 4G's, the 3 3D's (I had but returned) timed out during operations such as the loading of web pages and they are HTC phones. So it's not phone specific but probably android specific.

I agree though, phones shouldn't timeout while operations are currently in use. It should only timeout when phone is "idle" for the amount specified in settings.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary