1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Power button cover fell off

Has anybody had the power button fall off of their Photon besides me? I have no clue where I lost it, it was there yesterday. Its just the chrome cap that is gone, I can still use it, but it is a bit difficult and is now recessed instead of protruding.

Anybody have a source for the cap? I would much rather just buy a new cap and glue it on than deal with getting a replacement phone.
    Thanks, Brian

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    ROM
    Juggernaut 5.0, Faux 123

Default Re: Power button cover fell off

Call motorola customer support from motorola.com website, explain your situation and because your covered under warranty for the first year they should replace it free. They replaced my loose battery cover no questions asked. just remember to be polite and you will get more things from people. Hope this helps.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well I called Motorola and they said the button cover is not available separately and that I would need to send my phone in to them for repair. I find it hard to believe that a current production phone doesn't have any parts available for it. I really have no desire to deal with setting up my phone all over again and be without it for a couple weeks over a trim piece.

I guess I will call Sprint and see if they can do anything different than what Motorola wants.

Sure doesn't help that the Motorola rep was not very good at speaking English and clearly wasn't in the United States.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

So I just got off the phone with Sprint and they weren't any help either. They simply told me to take it to a service center, the closest service center is now more than a half hour away due to Sprints cost cutting a few years back. This is really starting to get annoying!!! The Sprint rep kept telling me that this was physical damage and I didn't have insurance. LOVELY ATTITUDE. I don't consider a button cover that was simply glued in place and fell off to be my fault. Crappy Chinese workmanship should be covered under the 1 year warranty lady!

I'm starting to fall un-in love with moto real quick.

My volume button was coming unglued and I took it to my nearest sprint service center and they replaced the volume bar cover for me.

Quote Originally Posted by fivegear View Post
    So I just got off the phone with Sprint and they weren't any help either. They simply told me to take it to a service center, the closest service center is now more than a half hour away due to Sprints cost cutting a few years back. This is really starting to get annoying!!! The Sprint rep kept telling me that this was physical damage and I didn't have insurance. LOVELY ATTITUDE. I don't consider a button cover that was simply glued in place and fell off to be my fault. Crappy Chinese workmanship should be covered under the 1 year warranty lady!
    What would make you happy? You have been told to mail it in; you don't like that suggestion. You have been told to drive 30 min to get it done in person; you don't like that. Would you prefer Moto and Sprint send a tech support team to your home to fix this for you?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by statdoc View Post
    What would make you happy? You have been told to mail it in; you don't like that suggestion. You have been told to drive 30 min to get it done in person; you don't like that. Would you prefer Moto and Sprint send a tech support team to your home to fix this for you?
    Well in the old days they simply sent out a replacement phone if your device was still under warranty. That worked well for those of us that don't live in a city. They can still do that, but now they want $35 for that service. All I want is a power button cover, and I would rather not receive a refurb when my phone is otherwise perfect.

I guess my point is this, what good is a warranty if it costs me money any way I try to use it. Guess I will wait for them to appear on EBay maybe.
    Last edited by fivegear; 11-10-2011 at 09:00 PM.