Google Voice causing Sleep of Death; Anyone else?

Got Sod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slightlyevolved

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,
I just recently upgraded my faithful 2009 Palm Pre to a shinny new Photon. I miss webOS but I do love this phone so far.

Here's the grab though. I was getting the sleep of death about 5 times a day (and yes, it only occurs while in a roaming area). I fixed that by doing a hard factory flash (using the Recovery Tools), skipping the android setup, and installing the latest MR update directly.

No crashes for two days. I installed a few apps. No issues. Yesterday I installed Google Voice and BAM. I had a SoD within 15 minutes. After the third SoD in two hours, I uninstalled the GV app and I haven't had a crash in 24 hours now.

The thing is, one of the main reasons for going Android was the GV integration. I use it for my business. Is anyone else having issues with their photon AND is using the Google Voice app?

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I did the full reset for the same reason this past weekend. I reinstalled Google Voice, but have not used the GV integration (just using for voicemail substitute). Was trying to figure out which app caused this problem. I can live without it, if GV is the culprit.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
GV worked flawless on my EVO 4G for months. I since gave that phone to my daughter and I got a moPho and installed GV and it worked (VM substitute only). It never caused a crash on my moPho but all of a sudden both phones wouldn't let anyone leave a msg. It kept telling the other caller to dial a number they wish to call!! I uninstalled GV from both phones and going to wash my hands of it.

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Suddenly couldn't make or receive most calls. Usually got fast busy signal sound when trying to call out. Sprint advised factory reset after trying many fixes. Didn't help. Finally thought to uninstall google voice via google voice web site. Problem resolved (except for all the time it took to download and set up my apps, preferences, wifi and bluetooth!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC