4g goes idle, but does not wake up!

corpx

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Phone is set to performance mode, so that's not the cause. Every once in a while the phone goes into "4g zzz" mode and I cant seem to get it to "wake up" from it. I cant get any data going in this mode and I have to toggle off/on the 4g connection to get an active connection again.

Any fixes/workarounds?

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
That just means the internet is in sleep mode, its active when u need to use it showing your 4g signal strength. Now don't bash me for it but that's just what I think is going on. I only get the zzz when I'm not using data, but once I start browsing or using a app that using data it shows the signal strength and starts feeding my phone 4g. Now I could be wrong but that's just the experience with my Photon.

gflores84

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
from what i've noticed personally is that when 4G is in "sleep mode" you are not in a 4G spot... depending on your area, some spots may get it and across the street may not... whenever you do get into a 4G spot the signal for it shows up and shows your signal strength...

instead of using the on/off toggle widget, why dont you use the "refresh" widget for your 4G??? if that is still an issue maybe try using a quick restart app... that usually does the trick also...

MarcD#AC

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
That just means the internet is in sleep mode, its active when u need to use it showing your 4g signal strength. Now don't bash me for it but that's just what I think is going on. I only get the zzz when I'm not using data, but once I start browsing or using a app that using data it shows the signal strength and starts feeding my phone 4g. Now I could be wrong but that's just the experience with my Photon.

This

rbeavers

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
It's been my experience, you need a really good signal to reestablish (wake up) 4 G.

I have to walk over to the window to wake it up, then back to my desk, and it works in till it enters sleep mode again.