Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Why is this M4A file not playing on my Photon?

    Hey guys,

    I have an M4A file that I transfered over from my EVO that does not play for some reason on my Photon. I tried setting it as a ringtone, but there is no sound when its supposed to play. It shows up fine and is selectable, but no sound. I tried converting it to an MP3, and it still does not work. It plays fine on my computer though.

    Can anyone get this file to work on their Photon and if so please let me know how I can use it too? Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Why is this M4A file not playing on my Photon?

    I just DL'd it and going to test it in a few. But this file being only 5Kb, it's primarily used as a notification sound. Did you try using it only in notifications?
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Why is this M4A file not playing on my Photon?

    OK tested it as a ringtone and as a notification. It didn't work for me either. Sorry man, I tried!!
  4. #4  
    vintagetechtm's Avatar

    Posts
    85 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokesh View Post
    Hey guys,

    I have an M4A file that I transfered over from my EVO that does not play for some reason on my Photon. I tried setting it as a ringtone, but there is no sound when its supposed to play. It shows up fine and is selectable, but no sound. I tried converting it to an MP3, and it still does not work. It plays fine on my computer though.

    Can anyone get this file to work on their Photon and if so please let me know how I can use it too? Thanks!
    If you download the Facebook app for android, you will get this notification sound. You will need to browse your phone to find it and then copy/paste to your notification and ringtone folders. I believe you can find this in the dcm/media location of mnt/sdcard on the photon.

    vintagetechtm (Motorola Photon 4g)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Why is this M4A file not playing on my Photon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    OK tested it as a ringtone and as a notification. It didn't work for me either. Sorry man, I tried!!
    Oh well thanks for trying!

    Quote Originally Posted by vintagetechtm View Post
    If you download the Facebook app for android, you will get this notification sound. You will need to browse your phone to find it and then copy/paste to your notification and ringtone folders. I believe you can find this in the dcm/media location of mnt/sdcard on the photon.

    vintagetechtm (Motorola Photon 4g)
    The reason I'm trying to get this in there is because I don't seem to have it from downloading the FB app... I just searched my phone for it and couldn't find it anywhere. I don't have a dcm folder. Did you mean dcim? If you did, its not in there either.
  6. #6  
    vintagetechtm's Avatar

    Posts
    85 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokesh View Post
    Oh well thanks for trying!



    The reason I'm trying to get this in there is because I don't seem to have it from downloading the FB app... I just searched my phone for it and couldn't find it anywhere. I don't have a dcm folder. Did you mean dcim? If you did, its not in there either.
    I did mean dcim. I will try to attach my Facebook pop sound to this post for you to download and try.

    I cannot add a file on this post so I will post a like to get this file.

    vintagetechtm (Motorola Photon 4g)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Why is this M4A file not playing on my Photon?

    Quote Originally Posted by vintagetechtm View Post
    I did mean dcim. I will try to attach my Facebook pop sound to this post for you to download and try.

    I cannot add a file on this post so I will post a like to get this file.

    vintagetechtm (Motorola Photon 4g)
    Post a like? What do you mean?

    And thanks!
  8. #8  
    vintagetechtm's Avatar

    Posts
    85 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.2

    Default

    Sorry, stupid spell check on my phone. I meant post a link to download it. Or I will try to attach my file a post when I have access to a full web browser.

    vintagetechtm (Motorola Photon 4g)
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Why is this M4A file not playing on my Photon?

    Quote Originally Posted by vintagetechtm View Post
    Sorry, stupid spell check on my phone. I meant post a link to download it. Or I will try to attach my file a post when I have access to a full web browser.

    vintagetechtm (Motorola Photon 4g)
    Alright I'll be waiting! Thanks!
  10. #10  
    vintagetechtm's Avatar

    Posts
    85 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.2

    Default Re: Why is this M4A file not playing on my Photon?

    Okay so here is a link that should work for you to download the facebook message sound.

    https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6427514_645_06651607

    Sorry about the delay. I haven't been on my actually macbook when commenting.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Why is this M4A file not playing on my Photon?

    Quote Originally Posted by vintagetechtm View Post
    Okay so here is a link that should work for you to download the facebook message sound.

    https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6427514_645_06651607

    Sorry about the delay. I haven't been on my actually macbook when commenting.
    Thanks for the file, though I tried it and this does not work either

    Does this work on your Photon?
  12. #12  
    vintagetechtm's Avatar

    Posts
    85 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.2

    Default

    Yes, this does work on my photon. I got this out of my external sd card notifications folder.

    vintagetechtm (Motorola Photon 4g)
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Why is this M4A file not playing on my Photon?

    wth! Thats so weird! Can you tell me the exact directory path that your file is in?
  14. #14  
    vintagetechtm's Avatar

    Posts
    85 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokesh View Post
    wth! Thats so weird! Can you tell me the exact directory path that your file is in?
    Okay, so apparently it isn't working on my phone. It is not just you.

    vintagetechtm (Motorola Photon 4g)
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Why is this M4A file not playing on my Photon?

    Quote Originally Posted by vintagetechtm View Post
    Okay, so apparently it isn't working on my phone. It is not just you.

    vintagetechtm (Motorola Photon 4g)
    Ok now that makes more sense lol... Any idea why? I've even converted this file into a bunch of other formats but same thing.

Posting Permissions