Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Default No Turn Instructions with Telenav GPS Navigator

I've recently encountered a problem with my Moto Photon and the Telenav GPS Navigator app. When I first started using the phone everything worked perfectly -- GPS was not only reliable (I had some problems with SprintNav on my Palm Pre) but it was also pretty fast.

Then, about 2 weeks ago I noticed that while Telenav would announce upcoming streets it did not announce turn directions or distance to those street turns. For example, if the GPS was indicating that my next turn was Elm Street and it was just over 1 mile away, when the advisory message comes (for example, "Go 1.1 miles and turn right on Elm Street"), it would only announce Elm Street. This is consistent across the board -- anytime there is an announcement, it announces the street name but no other info.

I think it's possible that this problem started shortly after I began experimenting with Vlingo and alternative speech engines. I've gone back and reinstated the default speech engines (Pico TTS) in the main settings menu.

Any suggestions on how I might get things back to normal?

FYI -- I am using version 7.1.0.71011301

Default Re: No Turn Instructions with Telenav GPS Navigator

Hi Dweil -

My name is Kenji and I work for TeleNav. I'm really sorry about the problem and would love to help. Could I ask you to email me please at kenjio at telenav.com? It's a bit easier for me to communicate over email quickly than come to the forums.

Thanks!
    Kenji from TeleNav
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Wow -- that was fast. I've sent an eMail as requested.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

I've noticed the exact same thing. I hope there is a fix in the works.

I've noticed this too. Please post any answers here. Thanks.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

This is now fixed on my phone, so I wanted to post the solution for esad and anyone else who might encounter this in future.

Uninstalling the Telenav GPS Navigator and then re-installing it fixed the issue. FWIW, After uninstalling, I powered down my phone, restarted and then re-installed.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Hey Kenji,

I tried to reply to your eMail and thank you for your excellent help, but your eMail server at Telenav rejected my eMail. I even tried sending a reply to you using a different eMail address, and that was rejected also.

So, just wanted to post here to let you know I appreciate your quick help today. Thanks very much.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

I noticed an update yesterday, I'll give it a try later and see if it resolved the issue. If not I'll try reinstalling it.

Thanks DWEIL

Happy to help, DWEIL. Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can be of any help in the future.

If anyone else is experiencing this problem, please try a uninstall/reinstall. This solves the problem in version 7.1. If it doesn't help and you continue to see the issue, please contact me at kenjio at telenav.com and I'd be happy to assist.

Cheers,
    Kenji

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts

I had this happen to me with Google Navigation too, and uninstalling/re-installing fixed it as well.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

The recent update fixed my issue.

Thanks