Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Avoid Pogoplug app on Photon

I've been struggling with phone instability since I bought the Photon. Took it back in my first 30 days because the phone would occasionally become unstable and apps wouldn't load, and you couldn't type on the keyboard. I suspected it must be some app, but didn't know which.

Bought a new Photon, and experienced the problem again on the new phone. Finally got frustrated, and wiped the phone and decided to gradually add back my apps. I experienced nearly a month of no issues until about a week ago when I remembered the Pogoplug app that would allow me to connect with my "home cloud."

After installing the app, I immediately experienced the issues that caused me to take back my first Photon. Amazing. Finally I've found the culprit. I uninstalled the app and all was just as before. A week of no problems. I installed again to test my suspicion, and the problem returned. Uninstalled and all was perfect again.

Anybody who is experiencing these instability issues, try uninstalling Pogoplug. Can't tell you what a relief that I've found the app that keeps this wonderful phone from being perfect for me. Earlier I suspected Go Launcher and Google+ as the root cause, because I often experienced the problem after installing or launching each. Both were false alarms.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Avoid Pogoplug app on Photon

Glad you found out the problem, but what in the hell is pogoplug? lol
    Sent from my MoPho

Default Re: Avoid Pogoplug app on Photon

Quote Originally Posted by Cubfan View Post
    ... the Pogoplug app that would allow me to connect with my "home cloud."
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerzRalliart View Post
    Glad you found out the problem, but what in the hell is pogoplug? lol
    Looks like you can connect to your home network(?).