Droid Razr lapdock

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
It is funny that the Laptop 100 dock is $199 from Verizon and Sprint wants $250 for it.
You can also get the Attrix dock from AT&T for $199
or the older Bionic dock from Verizon for $199

The only advantage I see in getting the dock from Sprint is that if you order it from them they will add $10 a month to your bill and you are not spending $200 in one shot

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the lapdock 100 yesterday.
If you are a road warrior this is a must have item
I had been going back and forth between the 100 and the older bionic dock
I like the keyboard on the 100 dock a lot better and it is also smaller and lighter than the other dock.
In fact the lapdock 100 plus Photon may be a once or two more in weight more than an ipad but it is alot more usefull. It is a great commuter tool. I ride the train to and from work and really got a kick out of seeing the confused look on the faces of the tablet owners when I plugged the phone into the dock and was able to do everything they could do , go on the internet, and talk on the phone, plus have a real keyboard.
if the dock is fully charged and the phone is fully charged you can get an easy 6 hours of use before having to plug the dock in. I wish there was a way to disable the charging part of the dock because it always charges the phone. documentation is a little scarce. My task for this weekend is to add Ubuntu Linux to it and have the best of everything

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
The phone isn't fast enough to use as a actual computer. If your going to carry around a lapdock, why not a netbook or a small laptop. Way more power and you can actually multi-task.

awd1315

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I had a Photon HD dock, I LOVE my Photon but we no longer have Sprint service here (it will work for 3 months then out 3 months weird I know) so I also have Verizon and was thinking of getting the Droid Razr....question will the Razr work on the Photon's HD dock? If so how b/c aren't the ports different? Thanks for your help in advance!!!!

just wanted to post that the droid razr lapdock for 199.99 at verizon works with the photon just as good as sprints one.

M3wThr33

Jun 1, 2011
planetmew.com
I got the AT&T LapDock for $80 and after taking it apart to flip the ports, it works perfectly. Better than my cheap $150 netbook.

ronald600

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The phone isn't fast enough to use as a actual computer. If your going to carry around a lapdock, why not a netbook or a small laptop. Way more power and you can actually multi-task.

I beg to differ with you.
Lets not forget windows is a hardware dependent os. Linux is not
For those who use linux the lapdock 100 is great. You can run the full version of linux off of your micro sd card allowing you to do more than you can with a windows netbook. I have both. Webtop is a linux app out of the box so the changes needed to allow you to run full blown Ubuntu are not that great. When you add in the fact that you actually have 3G and or 4G speed no matter where you are and you have unlimited data then you are way ahead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781