1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Turn off the unlock screen?

So, I just picked up "", which is FREAKEN' AWESOME [wow, 80's flashback]; In order to use it I had to activate the lock screen. Now I have the original lock screen (?) where I pull the lock bar to unlock the screen, then I have to use (pattern) lock to unlock the phone, making it a 2 screen process. How do/can I turn off the basic lock screen so my phone takes me directly to pattern lock to unlock my phone when I wake it up?

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Default Re: Turn off the unlock screen?

No Lock???
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by ram596 View Post
    No Lock???
    I will be using the pattern lock, so I don't need the basic unlock screen with the little lock bar you pull to the right.

i wanted the same thing (get rid of lock bar but keep pattern lock) but i don't think it's possible (at least not for an unrooted phone like mine. not sure if rooting would change things). there're several apps that block the lock bar, but the ones i tried also bypassed the pattern lock

pretty sure i got that info from this forum. sorry i don't have links but you should find a thread or two here that'll answer your question

ROM
    Stock

Cyanogen Mod does it correctly. This phone stock and nearly all others fail in this department.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Cubfan View Post
    Cyanogen Mod does it correctly. This phone stock and nearly all others fail in this department.
    I may not be searching correctly, I only see themes. Is this a theme you are referring to which turns off the lock screen? Do you have a link?

ROM
    Stock

Cyanogen Mod is a substitute ROM for the Evo and many other phones. Not sure if it's out for the Photon. You have to be rooted to flash it, anyway. I'm just saying that they've done it correctly. All others I've seen require you to unlock and then swipe.

ROM
    Stock, Rooted.

You can try "No Lock" app in market.

Quote Originally Posted by KahneFan View Post
    So, I just picked up "", which is FREAKEN' AWESOME [wow, 80's flashback]; In order to use it I had to activate the lock screen. Now I have the original lock screen (?) where I pull the lock bar to unlock the screen, then I have to use (pattern) lock to unlock the phone, making it a 2 screen process. How do/can I turn off the basic lock screen so my phone takes me directly to pattern lock to unlock my phone when I wake it up?

^ +1 on no lock. Great app.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by rbeavers View Post
    You can try "No Lock" app in market.

It kills the pattern lock too, which defeats the original app I linked to. Thanks for the suggestion though.

ROM
    Stock, Rooted.

Quote Originally Posted by KahneFan View Post
    It kills the pattern lock too, which defeats the original app I linked to. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Great App!! Thanks.
    I hate lock screens so I got it to take a pic. anytime screen turns on.
    Seems to be a Moto bug. May be the GotYa! people have an answer.
    Last edited by rbeavers; 12-02-2011 at 04:07 AM. Reason: corrections