Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By whate
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts

Default How do i stop the my text messages from being read out loud?

I factory resetted my phone because of issues with the battery. However, no when i receive a text message, the message is read out loud in addition to the notification alert being played as well.

I went into settings>accessibility >voice readout and it was unchecked.

Do anyone else know what could be making my text messages being played out loud and how do i stop it?

Thanks

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Current Device:
    16GB Moto G

Default Re: How do i stop the my text messages from being read out loud?

Do you have Cluzee installed?

Check Settings>Accessibility and see if you have something turned on there...

I hope i'm not too late. You need to disable the "driving mode" under the settings/voice input and output/text-to-speech settings
    Thanked by 2:
    KyBrat likes this.

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

This is a iPhone 4S/Siri feature, how could you possibly have it on a phone that came out before it!?!?!?!?!? lololol.

Hopefully you got it fixed, it would annoy me to no end!

I had the same problem. It was driving me crazy. If you have Cluzee installed it will do that. Cluzee is not really that much better than the onboard voice recognition program. I just uninstalled Cluzee and the problem was fixed.
    Resident Linux Fiend

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Light flow led may cause it as well...

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't even realize our phone had this. I would love it if there was a way to toggle this from the home screen.

Check and see if you have your driving mode selected. Driving mode automatically reads all texts and calls out loud so you don't have to look at your phone.

My phone used to read out my text messages...which I like occasionally. For some reason it is not doing it anymore. It will just announce who is texting but not the message. Can you tell me how to get this feature back? Accessibility option talkback announces everything I am doing which I do not want.

- - - Updated - - -

My phone used to read out my text messages...which I like occasionally. For some reason it is not doing it anymore. It will just announce who is texting but not the message. Can you tell me how to get this feature back? Accessibility option talkback announces everything I am doing which I do not want.