How do i stop the my text messages from being read out loud?

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I factory resetted my phone because of issues with the battery. However, no when i receive a text message, the message is read out loud in addition to the notification alert being played as well.

I went into settings>accessibility >voice readout and it was unchecked.

Do anyone else know what could be making my text messages being played out loud and how do i stop it?

Thanks

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

whate

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I hope i'm not too late. You need to disable the "driving mode" under the settings/voice input and output/text-to-speech settings

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
This is a iPhone 4S/Siri feature, how could you possibly have it on a phone that came out before it!?!?!?!?!? lololol.

Hopefully you got it fixed, it would annoy me to no end!

knightshadow01

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. It was driving me crazy. If you have Cluzee installed it will do that. Cluzee is not really that much better than the onboard voice recognition program. I just uninstalled Cluzee and the problem was fixed.

Rachelle Kruml

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Check and see if you have your driving mode selected. Driving mode automatically reads all texts and calls out loud so you don't have to look at your phone.

rozpar

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
My phone used to read out my text messages...which I like occasionally. For some reason it is not doing it anymore. It will just announce who is texting but not the message. Can you tell me how to get this feature back? Accessibility option talkback announces everything I am doing which I do not want.

- - - Updated - - -

My phone used to read out my text messages...which I like occasionally. For some reason it is not doing it anymore. It will just announce who is texting but not the message. Can you tell me how to get this feature back? Accessibility option talkback announces everything I am doing which I do not want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12