Bluetooth Streaming Audio Issue - Multiple Apps

dg1973

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has been experiencing random issues with streaming music with the android app through a bluetooth headset or bluetooth speakers. This has been an ongoing issue for quite some time and the steps taken to resolve are below. Searching the topics I can't seem to locate the specific issue being duplicated so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hardware : Motorola Photon 4G (Sprint), Spracht Aura BluNote Speaker system, Plantronics Voyager Pro + Bluetooth Headset.

Software : Android 2.3.4 Rhapsody 2.1.7.283, Pandora, TuneIn Radio Pro, IHeartRadio

The issue: The issue happens at random times while streaming audio content, primarily when also connected to wifi. The audio will disappear from the bluetooth and either at times the song will continue to play or the song will stop, the timer on the slider on the playback screen will go 4-5 seconds back in time, continue to count back up to the point of the error and then back in time again it goes however no audio is present when this occurs.

If the bluetooth is turned off in the phone's network settings and the track is skipped the audio will resume playing through the phone speakers and once the bluetooth is activated and connected again the audio will play through the bluetooth again for another random amount of time without issue.

This issue has been tough to trace due to both the phone and headset being replaced, several factory resets done on the phone and lots of pairing and unpairing, installs and uninstalls.

Does anyone use Rhapsody, Pandora, etc. with bluetooth devices successfully? I've done all the replacing and testing I can think of and still can't seem to narrow down the issue.

Thanks in advance for any assistance or suggestions!

-dg

hirenpathak

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has been experiencing random issues with streaming music with the android app through a bluetooth headset or bluetooth speakers. This has been an ongoing issue for quite some time and the steps taken to resolve are below. Searching the topics I can't seem to locate the specific issue being duplicated so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hardware : Motorola Photon 4G (Sprint), Spracht Aura BluNote Speaker system, Plantronics Voyager Pro + Bluetooth Headset.

Software : Android 2.3.4 Rhapsody 2.1.7.283, Pandora, TuneIn Radio Pro, IHeartRadio

The issue: The issue happens at random times while streaming audio content, primarily when also connected to wifi. The audio will disappear from the bluetooth and either at times the song will continue to play or the song will stop, the timer on the slider on the playback screen will go 4-5 seconds back in time, continue to count back up to the point of the error and then back in time again it goes however no audio is present when this occurs.

If the bluetooth is turned off in the phone's network settings and the track is skipped the audio will resume playing through the phone speakers and once the bluetooth is activated and connected again the audio will play through the bluetooth again for another random amount of time without issue.

This issue has been tough to trace due to both the phone and headset being replaced, several factory resets done on the phone and lots of pairing and unpairing, installs and uninstalls.

Does anyone use Rhapsody, Pandora, etc. with bluetooth devices successfully? I've done all the replacing and testing I can think of and still can't seem to narrow down the issue.

Thanks in advance for any assistance or suggestions!

-dg

I have had similar issues. I use TuneIn/Pandora/Google Music and even though the phone is connected via Bluetooth (Motorola T505), it plays music through phone's speakers. So I have to turn of Bluetooth and then turn it back on to stream it in the bluetooth device.

Its weird and annoying. I factory reset the phone once.. but still the same problem.

Alik R

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Guys,

Here is what I noticed with my Mopho - although not necessarily a phone problem as i suspect: if I stream my music from the phone to any Bluetooth device and I have my laptop nearby, every time i refresh the webpage, it breaks BT connection. the problem might be in the frequency band Wi-Fi and BT operate - if you are operating on 2.4GHz it causes problems. If you have a dual band router switch it to 5GHz and the problem goes away.

StanSlaughter

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a brand new Sprint Galaxy S2. I can't get podcasts or music to play through my Plantronics Voyager Pro. Works fine on my Blackberry. I've unpaird the headset from the BB and the Galaxy, repaired to the Galaxy and all audio functions work through the bluetooth except Music and Podcasts.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem. Very frustrating. It's bad enough to have me consider getting a different phone.

Merryweather

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
My setup:
Phone: Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD
Apps: TuneIn Radio, iHeartRadio
Bluetooth Headset: Plantronics Discovery 975 (Bluetooth v. 2.1)
Problem: No audio from TuneIn Radio or iHeartRadio apps through Bluetooth headset
Addl. info: Bluetooth headset works fine with phone otherwise
Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown