So, I recently had my Photon factory reset by Sprint. The battery is a lot better, most things are better now.
    However, my phone is defaulting to load the android keyboard everywhere instead of Swype. I have Swype checked under the keyboard setting.
    Is there a good way to stop this?
    12-20-2011 11:56 AM
    If you long press the area where you want to type you get the option to change the input method
    12-20-2011 01:44 PM
    I know that...but that is more than annoying anytime I want to type. Before the factory reset swype was the only keyboard that popped up. I even thought the android keyboard looked funny, since it had been so long since I used it.
    12-20-2011 03:07 PM
    I know that...but that is more than annoying anytime I want to type. Before the factory reset swype was the only keyboard that popped up. I even thought the android keyboard looked funny, since it had been so long since I used it.
    Did you change your settings-->Language & Keyboard Settings-->"Input method".. there is an option to select Swype instead of Multi-touch keyboard.
    12-20-2011 05:23 PM
    Another option worth considering is uninstalling the default Swype and installing the latest Swype. It's much better.
    12-20-2011 06:07 PM
    Another option worth considering is uninstalling the default Swype and installing the latest Swype. It's much better.
    How do you uninstall the default swype without rooting?
    01-19-2012 10:46 PM
    How do you uninstall the default swype without rooting?
    I'll bet one has to have their phone rooted - I'd love to try the new Swype as I've read they are now using Dragon Dictation for their speech.to.text option.

Sent from a Motorola-Photon using TapTalk for Android
    01-19-2012 11:14 PM
    I would just root the device and upgrade. Google +aio +root and you'll find an easy rooting option. I only use the root for the Swype keyboard and wifi tether.

The latest Swype gets ride of a lot of the annoyances from the standard swype, and yes, the text to speech option is very intuitive. I have an accent (What NYer doesn't?) and it picks up my words very well, and no training required. Also, Siri uses the Dragon technology on their text-2-speech....
    01-20-2012 10:11 AM
    Hey dude I posted a link for a one click root. den get Swype beta trust me it's worth it. Also wat app are u using for wifi tether I wanna connect my Ps3
    02-29-2012 02:25 PM
    +1 new Swype version w/ Dragon

working great!
    03-07-2012 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD