Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Default Photon and Stock Keyboard

So, I recently had my Photon factory reset by Sprint. The battery is a lot better, most things are better now.
    However, my phone is defaulting to load the android keyboard everywhere instead of Swype. I have Swype checked under the keyboard setting.
    Is there a good way to stop this?

Default Re: Photon and Stock Keyboard

If you long press the area where you want to type you get the option to change the input method
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I know that...but that is more than annoying anytime I want to type. Before the factory reset swype was the only keyboard that popped up. I even thought the android keyboard looked funny, since it had been so long since I used it.

Quote Originally Posted by TimG517 View Post
    I know that...but that is more than annoying anytime I want to type. Before the factory reset swype was the only keyboard that popped up. I even thought the android keyboard looked funny, since it had been so long since I used it.
    Did you change your settings-->Language & Keyboard Settings-->"Input method".. there is an option to select Swype instead of Multi-touch keyboard.

Global Posts
    587 Global Posts

Another option worth considering is uninstalling the default Swype and installing the latest Swype. It's much better.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coolqf View Post
    Another option worth considering is uninstalling the default Swype and installing the latest Swype. It's much better.
    How do you uninstall the default swype without rooting?

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TimG517 View Post
    How do you uninstall the default swype without rooting?
    I'll bet one has to have their phone rooted - I'd love to try the new Swype as I've read they are now using Dragon Dictation for their speech.to.text option.

Sent from a Motorola-Photon using TapTalk for Android

Global Posts
    587 Global Posts

I would just root the device and upgrade. Google +aio +root and you'll find an easy rooting option. I only use the root for the Swype keyboard and wifi tether.

The latest Swype gets ride of a lot of the annoyances from the standard swype, and yes, the text to speech option is very intuitive. I have an accent (What NYer doesn't?) and it picks up my words very well, and no training required. Also, Siri uses the Dragon technology on their text-2-speech....

ROM
    JOKER'S CM9 ON PHOTON

Hey dude I posted a link for a one click root. den get Swype beta trust me it's worth it. Also wat app are u using for wifi tether I wanna connect my Ps3
    NITO KUSH

+1 new Swype version w/ Dragon

working great!

Tip: Never rush to download any APP "Updates", read the feedback for a few days so that you can see if other people are having issues with it and/or changes to permissions or other you may not want! Always use a Back Up APP!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Free DropBox! Back up to & Sync your Phone to your Computer Free! Always have your stuff when you need it with @ Dropbox . 2GB Plus account is Free! Plus earn up to 500 Mb's for each referral! Up to 32GB Free! http://db.tt/szmjeyX