Text messages going to wrong person

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
My co-worker has a photon and he has an issue where after he has been texting a person back and forth for a while, the texts he sends will start going to another person altogether.

Anyone else have this happen?

Herk_FE

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Just the one that comes on the phone. No special downloaded app

Hmm I have had this very issue happen on a non smartphone a few years ago usually its fixed by a full software reset and when that doesn't work new phone. I browsed through the moto photon forums and didn't see this issue so it must not be common.

Reactions: 0pusX

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Before he does the reset have him download MyBackup from the market to backup his apps. The one version of MyBackup doesn't require root access.

fatmac1982

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
OpusX......i have a Photon as well.ive been 4 different Photons and the last 3 of them have had that text messaging issue. the issue is when "contact A" sends a message to the Photon and the owner of the phone opens the thread message up,a different contact name and number appears in the thread so unknowingky the owner of the Photon is assumming that he or she is responding to Contact A but instead he or she is respknding to whomever the Photon changed the contact to when the thread is opened. i have contacted Google.....Motorola.....and Sprint and all provide no info as to this problem. Google is saying that any phone with Gingerbread 2.3.4 and higher has this text message fix but for some reason this issue is a big issue with the Photons that i have owned. it may be an issue with only the replacement/refurbished photons that are given to you when u replace ur original one.like me....i didnt have this problen with my original one, but i have had 3 more after that and i believe all those were refurbished. Ultimately, there is no fix for this issue. i have tried Using a 3rd party app and even a different launcher and even rooting my phone but that didnt even work. Sprint didnt know how to resolve this issue so they gave me another photon and tge very same day i had that problem. whats strange is that when this mis texting occurs the photon wilm auto correct itself when u close the text message thread.i love this photon but can not stand the amount of embarrassment it caused me with all the crazy amount of false texting that i have been thru. i will be uograding to the samsung at the end of Jan. in order to avoid this matter. i hope i have helped you out but if you still need to communicate with me or what i have been saying doesnt make sense please email me at fatmac1982@yahoo.com.