Case that works with Car Dock?
01-21-2012 05:49 PM
- Anyone have a good lead on a slim hard case that actually works with the photon car dock? I've tried three different ones now (generic, granted) and none of them allow the phone to click in fully, or engage in the car mode when placed into the dock. Don't want to spend an arm and a leg...and none of the Sprint stores here seem to know anything about such a case. But they are pretty good at giving blank stares.
Thanks!01-03-2012 12:02 PM
- I bought the case that Sprint carries for the phone with the slide in belt clip and that works well with the car dock. I tried the Platinum case from Best Buy (identical to the Seido Surface) but that seems to be just a bit too thick. The one issue that I did find was that the phone with a case did not sit in the dock right because of the gap to the right end, if the adaptor is put in the car dock the phone doesn't fit with a case. A small piece of double sided mounting tape was just the right thickness to make up the difference. Good luck.01-06-2012 01:13 AM
- I use the Otter case that has two layers; hard shell outside and soft rubber inner. Somewhat of a hassle but I flip off the hard shell and it slids in ok. In the dark, it can be a bit of adjusting the aim of the downward push...also you have to cut off the little bit of rubber that would cover those access points. Otherwise it works fine and you get good at removing the case & slipping it back on.01-13-2012 04:36 PM
- I modified my tpu case to work with the dock. Check this post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=154791901-15-2012 02:36 PM
- @ uilleann to answer your question I have not seen or heard of one, since a mm of extra material will not allow it to fit & stay in place properly. I also doubt that they would make a case that fits the dock/cradle (easy enough for them to make them) cuz the phone is like 7 months old and new phones come out every month. But we can put a bug in their ear for an adjustable fitting dock on future models.
I have many cases & the TPU Case is a great case especially while on the phone & priced cheap as well.
So with the TPU Case it comes off the phone real easy so I just take it off and have no problems & no hacking of the case or dock.
The TPU case also works with the Seideo belt clip holster as well for those who don't know.
All these docks & cradles for phones & Tabs have this issue with them not being able to use them unless naked.
You would think the engineers would have designed it so it could be used in the real world so it would work with a case, ie different depth inserts like they use with the older desktop chargers (they had trays for different extended batteries so it would fit the charger dock).
Shame on the engineers...01-16-2012 11:32 AM
- If it is charging you can just use the app from the icon on your home screen. Download QuickShortcutMaker from the market (free) https://market.android.com/search?q=quickshortcutmaker
open the app and scroll all the waydown until you see CarDock or just type Cardock into the search bar. Click on the first line and you now have an icon on your homescreen that will put you in the app. And you can use it anytime so that you don't have to have it in the dock to customize it. Also I used this app, Moto Home Fix and Launcher Pro. I now have Launcher Pro to have a sideways homescreen in my Home-Brew OtterDock (Yeah , slightly but not unsightly modified OtterBox Holster is my dock. And OtterBox, you are free to use that name. Thank You) I made a shortcut to Launcher Pro on my Blur screen and a shortcut for Moto Home Fix on my LauncherPro screen. Now I have a quick toggle between launchers so I didn't lose any apps and I have a dedicated launcher for all transit use.01-20-2012 01:34 PM
- I tried using the above mnetioned shortcut maker and I can't access the car dock. When I searched it showed 5 options and the first one appeared to be the right one but it wont access anything at all. The others that popped up only go to the sub functions of the car dock like music etc.01-21-2012 09:56 AM
- I tried using the above mnetioned shortcut maker and I can't access the car dock. When I searched it showed 5 options and the first one appeared to be the right one but it wont access anything at all. The others that popped up only go to the sub functions of the car dock like music etc.01-21-2012 05:44 PM
- Hey everybody, ElectrifiedBiker had a problem with the app opening. I tried it a few ways and YES I forgot to mention that you have to go to settings>display>Un-check Kickstand mode. You can't use the kickstand at all or it will stop the app from booting. I don't know why. But all you have to do is turn the phone off then turn it back on and it will work again. Promise.01-21-2012 05:49 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Sprint Photon
Case that works with Car Dock?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD