Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question about the Media Area

I left my EVO 4G for the Photon. I love it and haven't found the need to root it yet. However, I'm very confused about the separate media area. I am constantly getting notifications that the media area is full, while I have almost 2 gigs free for app storage. The media area seems to make my SD card obsolete, at least as far as apps are concerned.

Can anyone help me make sense of this? I unchecked everything listed in the Media Area section, but still have no space. Where else can I check to clean it up?

Thank you for your help!

Default Re: Question about the Media Area

the media area in motorola phones is in the internal memory, it is called the sd.
    the actual sd card is called sd-ext i believe that is what it's called. the apps that can be moved are made to run from the sd so when they are moved they are still on the internal sd. the external sd is mainly used for your pics,videos and music. also if you have a lot of sms or mms it is better to remove the old messages as they consume a lot of space.